30 Days of Stays: A Chance for South Africans to Win and Celebrate Summer Coming With Protea Hotels
S ummer is almost here; and if you are legal resident or citizen of South Africa who is 18 years of age or older, you just might be in luck: starting on Sunday, November 1, 2015 through Monday, December 7, 2015, every day is a new chance to win a prize with Protea Hotels in the 30 Days of Stays contest — including Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points, hotel stays, airplane flights and more.
From local getaways and adventures to what is being called “the ultimate luxury experience in Dubai”, all you have to do is go to the official Facebook page of Protea Hotels to enter the contest as many days as you like for your chance to win your share of #30DaysofStays; but only one entry per day is permitted. You must answer the daily question correctly by commenting on content which will have been posted in order to receive one entry into the draw for the prize for that particular day. Winners will be announced weekly.
List of Prizes
Here is the list of prizes to be awarded each day throughout the duration of the contest:
November 9, 2015
- One night stay at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town including breakfast, plus a burger and milkshake for two people.
- One night stay over a weekend at African Pride Irene Country Lodge inclusive of accommodation, dinner and breakfast for two people sharing.
- One night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris including breakfast & dinner, plus a game drive for two people.
- One night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Willow Lake including breakfast and zoo entry for two people sharing.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch inclusive of accommodation & breakfast for two people sharing.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel King George inclusive of accommodation & breakfast for two people sharing.
- One night stay at Arabella Hotel & Spa for two people sharing including breakfast, plus an African Rainforest Experience for two.
- Two night midweek stay at Protea Zebula Lodge inclusive of breakfast for two people sharing.
November 16, 2015
- One night stay at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch including breakfast and a burger & milkshake for two people, plus two Hop on Hop off City Sightseeing tickets in Johannesburg.
- Two night stay at Protea Hotel Hilton including breakfast for two people sharing.
- Two night stay at any Protea Hotel in SA and weekend Group A car rental from Thrifty Car Rental including 200km per day and super waivers on a group A, Hyundai I10 or similar.
- One night for two people to Savour the Moment at African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel inclusive of breakfast and dinner at Savour Restaurant to the value of R1000, bottle of MCC in room, chocolate platter and 15 minute massage.
- Two night midweek stay at Protea Hotel Clarens inclusive of breakfast for two people sharing.
- One night stay at Protea Hotel Mowbray including breakfast and free access to The River Club driving range.
- One night stay in a Luxury Room at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa for two people including breakfast, plus a 60 minute back, neck and shoulder massages for two people.
November 23, 2015
- Five people will each win one night stay at Protea Hotel Hunters Rest including dinner and breakfast for two people.
- One Marriott Rewards member will receive 35,000 Bonus Points which can be redeemed for benefits or used towards a stay at any qualifying property worldwide.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Knysna Quays inclusive of accommodation for two people sharing, plus a 2 hour Stand-Up Paddling excursion on the waterways surrounding Thesen Island and your choice of either a 1½ to 2 hour Marine Eco-Tour or a romantic 2½ hour Sunset Cruise for two.
- One night stay at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa for two people sharing including breakfast.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Saldanha Bay inclusive of accommodation & breakfast for two people sharing.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Hazyview on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis for two people sharing.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Marine on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis for two people sharing.
November 30, 2015
- Two night stay at Protea Hotel Kruger Gate including breakfast for two people sharing and a night time game drive to the Kruger National Park.
- Two night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Dubai Green Community for two people including breakfast.
- Two night stay at Protea Hotel Edward inclusive of accommodation & breakfast for two adults & two children under 12 years sharing, plus four tickets to Ushaka Marine World.
- One night stay at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, inclusive of luxury accommodation & champagne breakfast for two people sharing.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Sea Point inclusive of accommodation & breakfast for two people sharing, plus two Table Mountain Cableway tickets.
- Two night weekend stay at Protea Hotel Malaga on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis for two people sharing.
December 7, 2015
- Two people will each win two kulula.com return flights to any kulula.com destination within South Africa, plus a two-night stay at any Protea Hotel.
- Two people will each win a three night stay for two in a Deluxe Room at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, the tallest hotel in the world, including breakfast in Kitchen 6.
Terms and Conditions
The following list contains some of the key terms and conditions of this contest. Please click here for the complete list of official terms and conditions.
Here is a sort of creative way of saying this: if you are “lucky enough” to be an employee, director, member, partner, or agent of or consultant to Protea Hotels — or if you are a spouse, life partner, immediate member or business partner of such a person — you are not eligible to enter this competition.
Seven lucky winners will be randomly selected each week from all qualifying participants for each prize giveaway. Protea Hotels will announce the winners via Facebook in order to request their contact details, following which the winners will be contacted via e-mail message or via telephone. If Protea Hotels cannot get hold of you within one week of the drawing of you as the winner, you will forfeit your prize and someone else will be selected as the winner.
Winners will be chosen at random and you — should you be the winner — are only eligible to win once during the campaign and will not be eligible for the remaining prizes, which are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Each prize is bound by additional terms and conditions. The redemption of prizes is subject to availability and only valid for period specified on the voucher. Transportation to and from the hotel is not included unless otherwise stated. Prize vouchers may not be used in conjunction with another promotion or existing hotel package. Any extension of stay at the hotel will be at standard rates charged by the hotel.
I received an e-mail message directly from Protea Hotels pertaining to this contest, of which I thought I was eligible. I am not a legal resident or citizen of South Africa; so I do not even know why I received the e-mail message in the first place — and I most likely would not participate anyway because I am not a member of Facebook despite some of the prizes which interested me.
When representatives of a company sends out announcements and e-mail messages, they really need to be more careful on how they target their customers and not be lazy about removing those recipients of e-mail messages who do not qualify for promotions or contests. Besides, nowhere in the e-mail message did it have any fine print pertaining to the eligibility conditions — I had to search within the fine print of the Terms and Conditions to finally find them.
Protea Hotels has my contact information due to my staying at the Protea Hotel Samrand property earlier this year; and I do not recall requesting to be on the list of these promotional e-mail messages — which I would not mind if I were at least eligible to participate.
Please pardon me while I consider unsubscribing from future promotional e-mail messages from Protea Hotels, as I have no intention of becoming a legal resident or citizen of South Africa anytime soon — as much as I enjoyed my visit there…
Source: Protea Hotels.