$4.95 Per Day For Rental Cars Leaving Florida One Way — Spring 2017
I f you are able to position yourself to rent a car from Florida and drive it out, now is the time to do so: how about a rental rate of as low as $4.95 per day for rental cars leaving Florida one way Spring 2017 to much of the eastern United States — such as Atlanta or Boston, for example?
For example, you can rent a car from Avis for four days from Tampa to New York for only $64.08 total — $14.22 less expensive than the $78.30 total for a similar rental last year — including all taxes and fees; and the car class can be economy, compact, midsize, standard, full size and even a passenger van, if you plan on hauling more people or cargo than any of the aforementioned car classes can handle.
Pay for the rental car in advance; and you save another $3.51 off of the rental — if you do not mind the restrictions associated with such a rate.
Other car rental companies — such as Budget, Alamo, Enterprise and Payless — are also offering similar rates; and they may have similar terms and conditions as Avis. Hertz offers a rate of $7.99, as described later in this article.
This offer is good from many locations in Florida — and although Gainesville, Jacksonville and Pensacola are examples of cities which did not participate in this offer last year; they are available for as low as $9.95 per day this year.
Details of this Offer Per Day
The classes of cars which are available for this offer are as follows:
April 1, 2017 —
June 1, 2017 —
|Economy — Group A||$4.95 per day||$9.95 per day|
|Compact — Group B||$4.95 per day||$9.95 per day|
|Midsize — Group C||$4.95 per day||$9.95 per day|
|Standard — Group D||$4.95 per day||$9.95 per day|
|Full Size — Group E||$4.95 per day||$9.95 per day|
|Intermediate Sport Utility Vehicle — Group F||$19.95 per day||$19.95 per day|
|Minivan — Group V||$24.95 per day||$24.95 per day|
|Passenger Van — Group P||$29.95 per day||$29.95 per day|
|Standard Sport Utility Vehicle — Group W||$19.95 per day||$19.95 per day|
|Standard Elite Sport Utility Vehicle — Group S||$19.95 per day||$19.95 per day|
|Convertible — Group K||$14.95 per day||$14.95 per day|
- This offer is valid for checkout between Saturday, April 1, 2017 and Friday, June 30, 2017 for one-way rentals only; the vehicle must be picked up at a participating Florida location and returned to a different participating location outside of the state of Florida.
- Rates require a rental period of a minimum of one day to a maximum of 14 consecutive days.
- This offer is valid only on the aforementioned car groups.
- Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; and rate surcharges during peak periods may apply.
- This offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
- Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
- Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any other AWD number, coupon, promotion or offer.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW — $29.99 per day or less — and refueling are extra.
- Rates are based on United States currency.
The Hertz Version of This Offer
Rates are as low as $7.99 when you rent from Hertz one way out of Florida between Monday, April 17, 2017 and Thursday, June 15, 2017 — or until all available vehicles at the participating locations have been reserved, whichever is soonest.
Eligible Florida pick-up markets include:
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Key West
- West Palm Beach
Eligible drop-off markets for Florida originating rentals include:
- Grand Rapids
- Saint Louis
- Portland in Maine
- District of Columbia
- New York City
- New Jersey
- White Plains
- Des Moines
- Kansas City
Other Restrictions, Terms and Conditions
Subject to availability, this one-way offer is redeemable in select Hertz markets in Florida. Base rate includes time and mileage charges only. Taxes, fees, and optional charges are not included.
Not all vehicles, vehicle equipment and services are available at all locations. Age, driver, credit and qualifying rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Reservation a minimum of 24 hours in advance is required. This offer is not valid — and rate change or additional fees may apply — in the event of reservation modification, early or late vehicle return. This offer has no cash value; and may not be used with other discounts, promotions or special rates. Limited quantities available. Subject to blackout periods.
- This offer is valid on Economy through Full-size car classes.
- Book up to 14 rental car days.
- Valid at participating locations in the United States — not all locations within each market are participating locations.
- Offer is valid on rentals returned to a different location.
- Blackout periods may apply.
I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible if you are able to take advantage of this offer, as I do not recall ever seeing rental car rates lower than $4.95 per day out of Florida — in fact, I wrote in this article that one of the 8 tips in which you can save money on renting cars is to rent one from Florida for $9.95; so at half the price, this offer is far superior.
This sale with Avis starts on Saturday, April 1, 2017 — but even though it ends on Friday, June 30, 2017, the rate of $4.95 per day ends on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, when the rate increases to $9.95 per day. At that point, the Hertz offer becomes the better deal.
One inexpensive way in which you may want to position yourself to a city in Florida is to use Megabus — although it is highly unlikely that you will be able to obtain a base fare of only one dollar; but you may still be able to procure a reasonable bus fare. This does not always work, as you have to account for expenses such as fuel for the rental car, food, and basic opportunity costs; but the discount can work in your favor if planned correctly.
Photograph ©2007 by Brian Cohen.
Please note that I receive compensation for affiliate links posted at The Gate effective as of Sunday, January 1, 2017. You are not required to use these affiliate links; but if you do use them, your support of The Gate is greatly appreciated — and using affiliate links will not cost you any extra time or money.