$7.95 Per Day For Rental Cars Leaving Florida One Way
I f you are able to position yourself to rent a car from Florida and drive it out, now is the time to do so: how about a rental rate of as low as $7.95 per day for rental cars leaving Florida one way to much of the eastern United States — such as Atlanta or Boston, for example?
For example, you can rent a car from Avis for four days from Tampa to New York for only $78.30 total — including all taxes and fees — and the car class can be economy, compact, midsize, standard, full size and even a passenger van, if you plan on hauling more people or cargo than any of the aforementioned car classes can handle.
Other car rental companies — such as Budget, Enterprise and Payless — are also offering similar rates; and they may have similar terms and conditions as Avis. Rentals from Alamo are approximately one dollar more per day.
This offer is good from many locations in Florida; but not all locations — Gainesville, Jacksonville and Pensacola are cities which are currently not participating in this offer.
Details of this Offer Per Day
The classes of cars which are available for this offer are as follows:
|Economy — group A||$7.95|
|Compact — group B||$7.95|
|Midsize — group C||$7.95|
|Standard — group D||$7.95|
|Full Size — group E||$7.95|
|Intermediate SUV — group F||$17.95|
|Minivan — group V||$24.95|
|Passenger Van — group P||$7.95|
|Standard SUV — group W||$19.95|
|Standard Elite SUV — group S||$19.95|
|Convertible — group K||$14.95|
- This offer is valid for checkout through Thursday, June 30, 2016 for one-way rentals only; the vehicle must be picked up at a participating Florida location and returned to a different participating Northeast or Piedmont location.
- Rates require a rental period of a minimum of one day to a maximum of 14 consecutive days.
- This offer is valid only on the aforementioned car groups.
- Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; and rate surcharges during peak periods may apply.
- This offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
- Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
- Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any other AWD number, coupon, promotion or offer.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW — $29.99 per day or less — and refueling are extra.
- Rates are based on United States currency.
I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible if you are able to take advantage of this offer, as I do not recall ever seeing rental car rates lower than $7.95 per day out of Florida — in fact, I wrote in this recent article that one of the 8 tips in which you can save money on renting cars is to rent one from Florida for $9.95; so this offer is far superior.
One inexpensive way in which you may want to position yourself to a city in Florida is to use Megabus — although it is highly unlikely that you will be able to obtain a base fare of only one dollar; but you may still be able to procure a reasonable bus fare. This does not always work, as you have to account for expenses such as fuel for the rental car, food, and basic opportunity costs; but the discount can work in your favor if planned correctly.
Photograph ©2007 by Brian Cohen.