A Chance For You To Win a Trip Around the World By Unfolding the Secrets of the Paper City Contest
A creative new promotion with the Radisson Blu brand of hotel and resort properties gives you the opportunity for a chance to win a trip around the world for two people by unfolding the secrets of the Paper City Contest; and you have until Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:59:59 Central Daylight Time to enter as a participant.
This contest is open only to legal residents of countries eligible for this contest who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdictions. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win, as a purchase does not improve your chances of winning.
A trip “around the world” for the winner and his or her guest to five selected destinations from cities around the world in which Radisson Blu Hotels and Resort properties are located as chosen by the winner.
The grand prize — which cannot be transferred and whose approximate retail value is estimated to be $14,050.00 — consists of the following:
- Round trip airfare in the economy class cabin for the winner and one guest to or from a major airport nearest to the home of the winner’s to the hotel or resort locations within the authorized group of up to five selected destinations chosen by winner — travel must begin and end in the same city and the winner must consume the entire prize in one trip — and
- An e-certificate — which expires on Sunday, December 31, 2017 and are subject to availability and blackout dates, including local holidays and special events — for double occupancy hotel accommodations at a Radisson Blu hotel or resort property for up to a maximum of 30 nights which may be divided by the winner between the five selected destinations
How to Enter the Radisson Blu Paper City Contest
You may submit one entry per day during the contest period; however, each essay submitted must be unique and bear no similarities to your prior submitted essays — including translations. All entries submitted by you become the property of sponsor and will not be returned to you.
During the contest period, all of the requirements listed below must be completely fulfilled in order for you to become an eligible participant in the Paper City Contest, as submissions which do not comply with the content guidelines or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content will be disqualified:
- Access the Contest web site at these official Internet web sites in one of the following languages:
- Using the indicated input field, correctly identify each of the five real-life destinations recreated within the Paper City Contest
- You must then answer an essay question “Describe your dream destination and why you would like to go there” by typing an answer into the indicated text box. All essays must be:
- Typed in the text box indicated on the Internet web site
- The essay must be written in either the English, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, French, Russian or Chinese languages
- At least 250 characters and no more than 1,200 characters — except if the essay is written in Chinese, it must be at least 150 characters and no more than 500 characters
- You are required to enter complete registration information — including:
- Country of residence
- Valid e-mail address
- You must click on the “I accept” button, accepting the official rules
The entry receiving the highest score based on the above criteria shall win the prize. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie.
Between Thursday, October 13, 2016 and Sunday, November 13, 2016, a panel of three judges will judge all eligible entries received; and the decisions of the judges are final and binding on all matters related to the contest. All eligible entries received will be judged equally based on the following criteria:
- Creativity — How well you describe the destination you would like to visit and why: 40 points
- Personality — Ability to create excitement through storytelling and emotional resonance: 40 points
- Clarity of Writing — 20 points
Void Where Prohibited
This contest is void where prohibited; and it is void in the following countries, provinces and territories:
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- United Arab Emirates — excluding the Emirate of Dubai
- Any country that is subject to a government embargo by the United States; or that has been designated by the United States government as a country which supports terrorism
- Any other country or territory where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law
Content refers to all information, materials, photographs, hashtags, captions, descriptions, or other content you submit in connection with your entry.
You represent and warrant that your content: (i) is your original work; (ii) has not been previously published; (iii) has not been copied from others; (iv) has not previously won awards; (v) does not violate any rights of any other person or entity — including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, rights of privacy and publicity; (vi) includes permission from any person whose name or likeness is used in the content; and (vii) publication of the content via various media including web posting will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any entrant whose content includes likeness of third parties or contains elements not owned by entrant — such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos — must be able to provide legal releases for such use including the use of such entry by the sponsor.
By submitting content, you agree that your content is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the sponsor under any obligation; and you grant Sponsor and its agents a royalty–free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis — including Internet web sites and social media platforms — and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Your content must not:
- Be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Contain trademarks owned by others — other than the trademark and brand of the sponsor — or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission;
- Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace and does not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
- Depict any unlawful, immoral or dangerous act or suggest that any individual should undertake such act;
- Depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and
- Contain any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Select Official Rules
This contest is open solely to entrants — as defined in section 3 — who reside in the countries available on the registration page of the web site, as defined in section 4.
You will also have the option — but will not be required in order to participate in the contest — to enter your birthdate or to sign up for an electronic newsletter.
When the evaluation of the eligible entries is completed, Judges will select the winner and notify via e-mail message by Monday, November 14, 2016. If any correspondence — including e-mail message — to the winner is returned as not deliverable, the prize may be forfeited for the winner and shall than be granted to the second best entry.
The winner will be provided instructions and assistance for booking by Sponsor. Meals including breakfast, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges, ground transportation, and any other unspecified travel-related expenses and the sole responsibility of the winner.
Travel (air and hotel) must be booked through Sponsor or its designee. Reservations are required for all flights prior to departure; reservations must be 30 days in advance for the first flight only; ticketing must be done within 72 hours after booking and at least 30 days before departure, whichever is earlier. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Travel must be booked within one year from the date Winner accepts the Prize or the Prize will be forfeited. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Once the trip is booked, any changes made at Winner’s request are at Winner’s expense.
The Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary identification and/or documentation to board any flight or use a stay at any Radisson Blu Hotel — including but not limited to a valid passport, visa (if applicable) and all other necessary travel documents. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., Passport or a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
Winner’s Guest must be the legal age of majority in his or her state/province/territory/country of residence, or if not the legal age of majority, winner must be minor’s parent or legal guardian.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen vouchers or e-certificates. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by a winner will be forfeited for which no consideration will be awarded or will be otherwise dealt with in accordance with applicable law. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of Prize or any Prize component is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent).
Other rules, terms and conditions apply — including but not limited to those dealing with privacy and personal information, release and limitations of liability, selection and verification of winners, winner notification procedure, disqualification of participants, rights, publicity, tax liability, technical issues, legal waivers and statements, unclaimed prizes, how to find out the name of the grand prize winner, what can potentally happen in the event of a dispute, burden of proof of submission of entry, typographical errors, and other disclaimers and conditions of participation. Be sure you read them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
This is not one of those contests where you simply enter for a chance to win, as your entry must include an essay which is creative enough to catch the eyes of the judges — which may or may not be worth your time and effort.
As for me, I only entered the contest for the challenge of guessing the five cities and was victorious. Although guessing the answers was easy — in my opinion, anyway — there are up to three clues to which you can refer in order to help you guess the correct answers.
The paper city was actually created; and you can watch the video for a behind-the-scenes look as to how the paper city was created. Take a look behind the scenes as a team of six expert paper artists craft this handmade city with 70 square meters of intricately engineered paper, requiring 20,000 precise cuts. Greater than 700 hours were needed to construct Paper City — and that is what I call paper view television.
In the meantime, if you intend to participate in the Paper City Contest, good luck to you, as I hope that you will win.
Source: Radisson Blu Hotels and Resorts.