As Low as $4.99 Per Day For Rental Cars To Florida One Way — Autumn 2017
How does a rental rate of as low as $4.99 per day one way sound to you to rent a car from much of the northeastern United States — such as New York or Boston, for example — and drive it to nine destinations in Florida this fall?
As Low as $4.99 Per Day For Rental Cars To Florida One Way — Autumn 2017
Hertz has this offer in effect on Monday, September 4, 2017 for initially five originating rental car locations — with additional locations to be added in October — but it only lasts through Sunday, December 10, 2017. With this offer, you can rent a vehicle — economy car class through full size car class groups as well as convertibles — for up to a maximum period of 14 consecutive days.
Details of the Hertz Offer Per Day
Keep in mind that only select classes of cars which are available for this offer will actually start at a rental rate of $4.99 per day and is not similar to the offers of some rental car companies where that flat rate is applicable to more or all eligible classes of cars.
For the example shown on the right of renting a car for four days on a one-way trip from New York to Tampa, the rate of $4.99 per day applies to all car classes between economy and full size. Your total cost for the rental — including all taxes and fees but no options — is $29.21 for four days. Unlimited miles are included.
Larger vehicles — such as sport utility vehicles and vans — are not included in this offer. Unless you have a coupon or discount code, expect to pay ridiculous prices for these vehicles — such as $554.99 per day for a Nissan Pathfinder for a total of $2,982.93 during the same period of time between the same rental car facilities.
Also keep in mind that although this special discount is valid through Sunday, December 10, 2017, not all origination rental car locations have the same start date.
The rate is subject to increase — or fees may apply — in the event of early or late returns of vehicles. Advertised rate applies to time and mileage charges only. These are not included in the discount.
Hertz Pick Up Locations
Vehicle pick up locations subject to change — contact Hertz for details — but you can pick up your vehicle at the following locations through Sunday, December 10, 2017 as of:
Monday, September 4, 2017
- Albany International Airport — ALB — Albany, New York
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport — BUF — Buffalo, New York
- Charleston Yeager Airport — CRW — Charleston, West Virginia
- Rochester International Airport — ROC — Rochester, New York
- Syracuse Hancock Airport — SYR — Syracuse, New York
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Baltimore Washington International Airport — BWI — Baltimore, Maryland
- Blacksburg Regional Airport — ROA — Roanoke, Virginia
- Boston Logan International Airport — BOS — Boston, Massachusetts
- Bradley International Airport — BDL — Hartford, Connecticut
- Burlington Airport — BTV — Burlington, Vermont
- Dulles international Airport — IAD — Dulles, Virginia
- Islip MacArthur Airport — ISP — Islip, New York
- New York City John F. Kennedy International Airport — JFK — New York City, New York
- New York City LaGuardia Airport — LGA — New York City, New York
- Newark International Airport — EWR — Newark, New Jersey
- Norfolk Airport Counter — ORF — Norfolk, Virginia
- Philadelphia International Airport — PHL — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh International Airport — PIT — Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Portland Maine International Jetport — PWM — Portland, Maine
- Richmond International Airport — RIC — Richmond, Virginia
- TF Green Airport — PVD — Providence, Rhode Island
- Westchester County Airport — HPN — White Plains, New York
- Washington National Airport — DCA — Washington, District of Columbia
Monday, October 23, 2017
- Douglas International Airport — CLT — Charlotte, North Carolina
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport — RDU — Raleigh, North Carolina
Hertz Drop Off Locations
You can drop off your vehicle at the following nine locations in the state of Florida by Sunday, December 10, 2017:
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport — FLL — Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers Southwest International Airport — RSW — Fort Myers
- Jacksonville International Airport — JAX — Jacksonville
- Miami International Airport — MIA — Miami
- Orlando International Airport — MCO — Orlando
- Palm Beach International Airport — PBI — West Palm Beach
- Sarasota Bradenton Airport — SRQ — Sarasota
- Tampa International Airport — TPA — Tampa
- Tallahassee International Airport — TLH — Tallahassee
Select Terms and Conditions
Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; and rate surcharges during peak periods may apply.
These offers are subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times, as not all vehicles, vehicle equipment and services are available at all locations.
Renter must meet Hertz age, driver, credit and qualifying rate requirements of the renting location. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
These offers cannot be discounted; have no cash value; and may not be used with Pre-Pay Rates, Tour Rates, Insurance Replacement Rates or Hourly Rentals — and these offers cannot be combined with any other discount code or number, certificate, coupon, voucher, offer or promotion.
Various taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products — such as LDW and refueling — are extra.
Rates are based on United States currency.
Other terms and conditions may apply.
Every spring, car rental companies offer discounts for renters to move cars out of the state of Florida from select locations — such as this offer where you could have rented a car one-way for as low as $4.95 per day earlier this year — so a similar promotion in the fall to move cars into the state of Florida makes sense…
…and the rates are significantly less expensive this year as compared to last year when a similar deal was offered for $9.95 per day — basically half price — but Atlanta and two other locations in Florida were included as eligible destinations. Although other car classes were included in the offer last year, the rates were more expensive: $11.99 per day for vehicles in the intermediate car class and $15.99 per day for vehicles in the full size car class, as opposed to only $4.99 per day this year.
Hertz, Dollar Rent A Car and Thrifty Car Rental — which are all subsidiaries of The Hertz Corporation but offer slight variations on what is essentially the same deal — seem to be the only car rental companies which offer these special rates at the time this article was written; but if the past is any indication, do not be surprised if other car rental companies eventually offer similar deals on renting cars and driving them to Florida and Arizona one way.
These deals can save you a significant amount of money on renting a car if you can manage this to work in your favor — provided that you have a way to travel in the opposite direction in a manner which will not cost a lot of money or time.
One inexpensive way with which you may want to position yourself to a location in Florida is to use Megabus — although it is highly unlikely that you will be able to obtain a base fare of only one dollar; but you may still be able to procure a reasonable bus fare. This does not always work, as you have to account for expenses such as fuel for the rental car, food, and basic opportunity costs — in addition to the fact that not all of the locations in Florida which are participating in this offer are served by Megabus — but the discount can work in your favor if planned correctly.
Photograph ©2017 by Brian Cohen.
Please note that I receive compensation for affiliate links posted at The Gate effective as of Sunday, January 1, 2017. You are not required to use these affiliate links; but if you do use them, your support of The Gate is greatly appreciated.