Your Chance to Win a Trip for Two in The Extra Mile Promotion From Copa Airlines
Y ou will have your chance to win a trip for two to any destination served by Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia when you register to participate in The Extra Mile promotion by Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 11:59 in the evening Central Standard Time — but you must be a member of the ConnectMiles frequent flier loyalty program who is of legal age according to the laws of your country of origin in order to participate.
Your Chance to Win a Trip for Two in The Extra Mile Promotion
No purchase is necessary in order to enter this promotion as a participant.
Once you have registered for the promotion, you will receive one chance to enter to win — but you may also earn additional chances to enter to win by completing any or all of the activities listed below by Tuesday, November 15, 2016:
- Sharing the promotion via Facebook or Twitter You will receive one additional chance to enter to win for sharing this promotion via Facebook or Twitter for the duration of the promotion. You can only get one additional chance to enter to win per day for each social network through which to share this promotion.
- Completing your profile information You will receive five additional chances to enter to win for completing — during the term of the promotion — the personal information associated with your ConnectMiles frequent flier loyalty program account.
- Traveling for the first time with a paid ticket using your ConnectMiles number You will receive ten additional chances to enter to win when traveling for the first time on a paid ticket — using your ConnectMiles number during the term of the promotion — on a flight operated by Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.
- Take additional trips with a paid ticket using your ConnectMiles number You will receive five additional chances to enter to win when traveling on a paid ticket — using your ConnectMiles number — on flights operated by Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.
- Traveling for the first time on a ConnectMiles award ticket You will receive ten additional chances to enter to win when traveling for the first time on a ConnectMiles award ticket on flights operated by Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia; but if you travel for the first time on a ConnectMiles award ticket on flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or other partner airline, you will earn only five additional chances to enter to win instead than ten.
- Taking additional travels on ConnectMiles award tickets You will receive five additional chances to enter to win for each trip taken on a ConnectMiles award ticket on flights operated by Copa Airlines, Copa Airlines Colombia, Star Alliance member airlines, and other partner airlines.
- Inviting other people to participate and register for the promotion You will receive one additional chance to enter to win for each person whom you invite via e-mail message to register — and who actually registers — for the promotion. The e-mail address which you provide when registering for the promotion must be the same as the e-mail address associated with your ConnectMiles account. You may invite up to five friends per day.
- Getting a ConnectMiles credit card account You will receive ten additional chances to enter to win when getting a ConnectMiles credit card account with partner banks:
- BAC Credomatic in Panama, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, and Nicaragua
- Helm Bank in Colombia
- Banco General in Panama
- Staying at Marriott and Rocketmiles hotel and resort properties You will receive five additional chances to enter to win for each stay at a Marriott and Rocketmiles hotel or resort property, valid in all countries where Marriott and Rocketmiles operate.
- Renting a car from Avis and Budget, National, or Alamo You will receive five additional chances to enter to win for each car rental from Avis and Budget, National, or Alamo in any country where this promotion is valid and these companies operate. You must present your ConnectMiles card or supply your ConnectMiles membership number at the time of reservation or rental. The vehicle must be rented to the owner of the ConnectMiles account to accumulate additional opportunities to participate to win; and only additional opportunities to enter to win one person per vehicle rented will be granted — regardless of traveling with other passengers who also have active ConnectMiles accounts in the rental vehicle.
The prize for each of the three winners of The Extra Mile promotion trip for two people to any destination served by Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia includes the following — with the maximum total approximate retail value of this prize at $3,800.00 per pair, adding up to a total value overall of $11,400.00 for all three prizes combined — and all monetary amounts listed in United States dollars:
- Round-trip airplane tickets for two people to one destination, to be chosen from amongst any of the destinations served by Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia, with a maximum value of $1,432.00 per pair
- A stay for four days and three nights for two people in a double room at a four-star hotel — including taxes and service charges — with a maximum value of $1,100.00
- Transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport for two people, with a maximum value of $268.00 per pair
- An allowance for incidentals, with a maximum value of $1,000.00 per pair
When the Prizes May Be Used
The winners and their travel companions may use the prize between Thursday, December 8, 2016 and Friday, December 8, 2017; and they will travel via Panama on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia. Each winner and his or her travel companion must start and finish their trip on the same dates — in other words, they must travel together at all times.
The winners must submit at least three travel date options in order to ensure flight availability; and the prize may not be used on the following departure dates or arrival dates between:
- Thursday, December 15, 2016 and Sunday, January 15, 2017
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 and Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 and Monday, April 17, 2017
- Friday, July 21, 2017 and Monday, August 7, 2017
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017 and Friday, November 10, 2017
- Sunday, November 26, 2017 and Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Additional Information About the Prizes
Each prize is transferable to another individual — as long as it meets the requirements set out in the terms and conditions to become vested to it; cannot be extended beyond the expiration date; cannot be sold; and cannot be exchanged.
The prizes do not include:
- The cost of any transportation which is not included in the prizes
- Travel expenses
- Incidentals other than those specified above
- Health insurance
- Any other item not specifically indicated in the prizes and restrictions sections of this document
Participating Countries and Territories
If the place of residence of the winners or their travel companions is not a city served by Copa Airlines in one of the participating countries, the winners and their travel companions must travel by their own means to the closest city served by Copa Airlines; and subsequently must return by their own means to their place of residence.
This promotion is valid in the following countries and territories served by Copa Airlines:
- United States
- Puerto Rico
- Canada — with the exception of the province of Québec; and in the event that a resident of Canada is a winner, this person must answer a skill testing question as a condition of receiving his or her prize in accordance with Canadian regulations on promotions of this kind
- Colombia — subject to government approval
- Dominican Republic — subject to government approval
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- St. Maarten
- Trinidad & Tobago
Select Official Rules, Terms, Conditions and Restrictions
You must provide all identifying information requested during the registration process — including your:
- Full name
- ConnectMiles frequent flier loyalty program membership number
- E-mail address — the same e-mail address associated with your ConnectMiles account
- Contact telephone number
The airplane tickets included in each prize:
- Are confirmed-space tickets
- Do not earn ConnectMiles miles
- Are not eligible for ConnectMiles upgrades
- Are valid for travel on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia in economy class
- Do not include government or airport fees and taxes — payment of which are the responsibility of the winners and their travel companions and not Copa Airlines — in the cities of origin or destination
Copa Airlines will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by the winners and their travel companions at their destination — except those expenses included in the prize description in this document.
Copa Airlines will hold one drawing, which will occur at 9:30 in the morning Central Standard Time on Wednesday, December 7, 2016. Each winner will be contacted by Copa Airlines via telephone and then via e-mail message that he or she has won a prize and to coordinate with them the delivery.
In the event that any of the three winners fails to claim and accept his or her prize within fifteen business days after the prize drawing is held, a cash sum equivalent to the value of said unclaimed prize will be donated to a charitable, social assistance, or benevolent organization in the Republic of Panama.
The winners and their travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining all documentation necessary for the travel included in this promotion — including but not limited to passports, visas, and any other documents required pursuant to the applicable laws — and confirming that their documentation meets all requirements necessary for travel.
The winners must present official photo identification; and the nationality established in the official documentation must match a participating country in this promotion — or, if the participant resides in another country and selected that other country as his or her country of residence when registering to participate, the country of residence of the participant must be a participating country.
If any travel companion is a minor and is not traveling with either of his or her parents, a parent having legal custody or the legal guardian of the minor must provide proof of identification and of their relationship to the minor; permission for the minor to leave the country, as required by the Immigration Authorities according to the laws of each country; and provide written authorization for the minor to be able to travel
The winners will be directly responsible for any consequences resulting from failure to fulfill the requirements referred to in this point.
Be sure that you read all of the other official rules — as well as restrictions, terms and conditions — carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes, which include but are not limited to those dealing with the topics of:
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- How to find out the name of the grand prize winner
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
This is another of a series of interesting promotion since the Copa Airlines ConnectMiles frequent flier loyalty program was established last year.
If you are willing to go the extra mile with the restrictions, terms and conditions of this promotion — as well as participate in all of the different ways to enter — then attempting to be one of the three winners of the prize being offered for a trip for two may be worth the time and effort on your part.
Source: Copa Airlines.