Come Fly To Randy Petersen and The House of Miles
Because Randy Petersen, the founder of FlyerTalk, is officially leaving from his role of leading FlyerTalk, he decided to hold a random drawing celebrating his departure — instead of mourning it — as a parting gift in the typical generous style of Randy Petersen.
One lucky FlyerTalk member will win an all-expenses paid trip to the House of Miles in Colorado Springs, which is the name of the building at 1930 Frequent Flyer Point where FlyerTalk was born and where Randy Petersen works daily on his businesses when he is not traveling. The trip will include a private tour of the offices, lunch or dinner with Randy, a one-on-one basketball game on his personal basketball court, and plenty of time to share tips, tricks, and stories, such as the full story of how FlyerTalk started — and the original iteration of FlyerTalk first failed back in 1995. Randy will also enjoy sharing some of his favorite memories of FlyerTalk over the years, as well as hearing some of the memories of the winner.
The winner’s itinerary and prizes include:
- A return flight for two between the home airport of the winner and Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Lunch or dinner — or perhaps both — with Randy Petersen.
- Hotel stay at the world-famous Broadmoor Hotel, or any of the hotel brands that will earn the winner points.
- Personal one-on-one time with me as Randy tells the never-before-told complete story of FlyerTalk.
- A game of HORSE or just a shoot around on his personal full-size basketball court at the House of Miles.
- The ultimate swag bag — a collection of several historical and rare FlyerTalk items, including:
- An original FlyerTalk-logo label pin
- An original FlyerTalk luggage tag (before the current yellow ones)
- An official t-shirt from the first member DO (Hawaii) in 1999
- FlyerTalk-logo polo shirts
- FlyerTalk-logo paperweight
- FlyerTalk-logo leather pencil cup
- FlyerTalk-logo pen
- A custom FlyerTalk-logo luggage tag with both the FlyerTalk user name of the winner and Randy’s signature on it, made while the winner is there.
- …and much, much more.
All one has to do to have a chance to win is to post an entry, which must be posted in the Come Fly to Me — The Great FlyerTalk Mileage Run thread before 12:00 noon Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, November 30, 2010.
The winner can visit the House of Miles any time this year or next. If the winner wants to turn this into a Mileage Run, Randy will work with fellow mileage run wizards on FlyerTalk to get the winner the miles needed to re-qualify for elite status before the end of the year.