Four Easy Steps to Support Your Favorite Charities With Hilton HHonors Points
E ffective as of today, Monday, April 20, 2015, the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program has launched a new partnership with PointWorthy where you can support your favorite charities by safely and securely converting your Hilton HHonors points into real-time monetary donations; and for every Hilton HHonors point donated by you, a cash donation from Hilton Worldwide equivalent to your donation will be to a participating charity of your choice.
By linking your Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program account to PointWorthy — which unlocks millions of dollars of value in unused and donated loyalty program points for various charities — you may select from a catalogue of almost a million accredited local, regional and national not-for-profit organizations on issues ranging from education to the environment to fighting world hunger.
Four Easy Steps
Here are the four easy steps for connecting your Hilton HHonors account to PointWorthy:
- Visit PointWorthy.com
- Create a PointWorthy account and then link it to your Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program account
- Choose your favorite cause from amongst thousands of charitable organizations
- Make a donation using your Hilton HHonors Points; and then Hilton HHonors will make an equivalent cash donation to your charity of choice
Donations start at 4,000 Hilton HHonors points, which equates to a cash value of ten United States dollars.
This partnership was formed to enhance the current Hilton HHonors donation program with real-time automated point donations and an expanded list of charities. Whether traveling for business or leisure, the hard-earned points of members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program can now help protect the environment, assist military families, build homes for those in need — and so much more.
Terms and Conditions
Here are the terms and conditions in order to redeem your Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points for monetary charitable donations at PointWorthy.com in its entirety:
You must have a PointWorthy.com account and an Hilton HHonors member account. You also must complete the registration process and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- During the registration process for Donate with Points, your HHonors account (“Account”) will be linked to your PointWorthy.com account. Once you are registered, Hilton HHonors, N.A. (“HHonors”) and its affiliates may provide iDuGuud,Inc., the owner of pointworthy.com, and/or its affiliates (“PointWorthy”) information about your HHonors Account for the purpose of verifying your status as an HHonors Member and confirming that you have enough HHonors Points to fulfill the donation.
- When you donate Points, you will be given the option to share your name, email address, and/or physical address with the charity based on the information you provided to PointWorthy. This information will only be shared if you authorize PointWorthy to do so at the time of donation.
- You must redeem at least 4,000 HHonors Points due to PointWorthy’s required minimum donation amount of $10.
- HHonors will deduct from your Account balance the amount of Points you elect to redeem for each donation at pointworthy.com. The entire amount of each donation made by redeeming HHonors Points through pointworthy.com will be sent to the charity. PointWorthy’s standard 10% processing fee will not be deducted from donations made by redeeming HHonors Points.
- Donations are nonrefundable.
- HHonors may determine which charities are eligible to participate in the program.
- HHonors may set minimum and/or maximum Point redemption requirements at any time.
- HHonors has the right to change the Point to dollar conversion rate at any time.
- Additional HHonors terms and conditions apply and are available at www.HHonors.com/Terms.
- HHonors is not responsible for, or affiliated with, PointWorthy or any of the charities on PointWorthy.com. HHonors does not engage in any solicitation activities on behalf of any listed charity. Additionally, the inclusion of a charity on pointworthy.com or in this program is not an endorsement by HHonors. Rather, HHonors makes no claims, representation or recommendation in regard to any of the listed charities, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not relying on HHonors or any information provided by HHonors in your selection of which charity/ies to support.
- HHonors makes no representation regarding whether donations made using your Points on pointworthy.com are tax deductible. Charitable tax deductions, if any, are the responsibility of the HHonors Member. Please consult with your accountant or tax preparer.
Photograph ©2009 by Brian Cohen.