Free 1,000 Hilton HHonors Points For Changing the Password to Your Account
A s of Wednesday, March 25, 2015, you will be required to create a new password for your Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program account when you log in; and the use of personal identification numbers will no longer be accepted. This is excellent news because this means that accounts will now become more difficult to infiltrate by unauthorized entities — for example, when the accounts of members were sold for cents on the dollar by thieves, as I first reported back on October 31, 2014.
To sweeten this deal — and in order to avoid any interruptions to your account access — if you proactively update your password as soon as possible starting today through Sunday, March 8, 2015, you will receive 1,000 bonus Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points.
You can update your password by following the steps below:
- Log in to your account here with your current username or Hilton HHonors membership number and existing password or personal identification number.
- On the left-hand side under the My Profile section, click Personal Information.
- If you have a password, select Change Password; if you do not have a password, select Create username and password.
- Your new password must:
- Have a minimum of eight characters
- Contain at least one upper case letter; and
- Contain at least one number or one special character
- Remember to choose a unique password and update it regularly to protect your personal information.
- If you do not change your password by Wednesday, March 25, 2015, you will be prompted to implement this change the next time you attempt to log in to your account on or after this date.
Even though it is still possible for your account to be breached with a password — my Starwood Preferred Guest account was compromised and wiped out last month; and access to it required a password — a password is more secure than a personal identification number.
Moreover, chances are excellent that if your account was compromised, the representatives for Hilton HHonors will be as professional and diligent as those of Starwood Preferred Guest, as I never worried about whether or not I would ever see my Starpoints again.
Why are you still here reading this? Go secure your Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program account with a unique password; and get those 1,000 bonus Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points now!
…or at least wait until after the updating of the official Internet web site has been finished…
Photograph ©2014 by Brian Cohen.