Free Hotel Stay and Transit Visa on Stopover With Qatar Airways
A s a passenger of Qatar Airways whose final destination is other than Doha — which is the capital city of Qatar, as well as where the airline is based — you have the opportunity to apply for a free transit visa and enjoy a complimentary stay at one of the many international hotel properties in Doha through Saturday, September 30, 2017.
Free Hotel Stay and Transit Visa on Stopover With Qatar Airways
A range of options are available for your stopover in Doha through +Qatar offers — courtesy of Qatar Airways and the Qatar Tourism Authority — where you can explore the culture and attractions of Doha and other parts of Qatar when you are a transit passenger.
You can choose from the following +Qatar offers:
- +Qatar Ultimate Book this offer for a stay of two nights in a hotel property rated with either four stars or five stars at a nominal booking fee of United States $50.00 per room
- +Qatar Luxury Passengers who have been assigned seats in the first class and business class cabins of airplanes operated by Qatar Airways receive a complimentary stay for one night in their choices of a selection of five-star hotel properties — some of which offer limited rooms to passengers seated in the economy class cabin — so check the hotel information area for details before booking your reservation
- +Qatar Premium Passengers who have been assigned seats in the economy class cabins of airplanes operated by Qatar Airways enjoy a complimentary stay for one night at a premium four-star hotel property
Six Easy Steps
All it takes is six easy steps to enjoy your stopover in Qatar:
- Book your multiple destination itinerary — including transit in Doha — with Qatar Airways:
- Select the multi-city booking option
- Add Doha as a stop — the minimum transit time of 12 hours in Doha is required to be eligible for this offer — on your inbound or outbound journey
- Select your round trip flights with Doha as your stop
- Review your flights and complete your booking.
- Apply for your free Qatar transit visa
- Simultaneously, book your +Qatar offer with Discover Qatar.
Select Terms and Conditions
This offer is valid for confirmed ticket holders only of Qatar Airways for flights booked at the official Internet web site of Qatar Airways with multi-city ticket booking. This offer is not applicable on codeshare flights.
Qatar Airways E-ticket number is required to be entered at the payment page. Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number.
This offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during onward or return journey — for example, London –Doha – Bangkok.
A valid visa is required to enter the country. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.
Other terms and conditions do apply to this offer; but the ones pertaining to hotel stays are as follows:
- +Qatar Luxury and +Qatar Premium offer is valid for a maximum of 1-night stay; or up to 24 hours. +Qatar Ultimate offer is valid for a maximum of 2-nights’ stay; or up to 48 hours. The hotel reserves the right to charge the customer for any additional hours. Discover Qatar will not be responsible for the rates charged. You are advised to book with the +Qatar Ultimate offer if your stay exceeds 24 hours.
- Valid Qatar Airways boarding pass and +Qatar hotel booking confirmation to be presented at the hotel upon check-in to avail the room/s.
- First Class and Business Class passengers are eligible to book +Qatar Luxury offers. Economy Class passengers are eligible to book +Qatar Premium offers.
- In case of any breach in the booking eligibility, the booking acceptance by the system will not stand valid. Discover Qatar and Hotels reserves the full right to deny the booking.
- Name on the booking should match the name on the boarding pass.
- +Qatar offers and transit visa needs to be requested minimum 7-working days prior.
- Bookings confirmed are non-amendable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
- In case of visa rejections, bookings stands confirmed and are non-amendable and non-refundable.
- Discover Qatar reserves the right to charge passengers up to USD 50, in the event of No-show of 1 night free hotel booking.
- Inclusions will be exactly as mentioned in the website; any other incidentals are to be paid directly at the hotel.
- Maximum occupancy in a room is up to 2 adults and 1 child below 11 years of age.
- Children policies vary and will be mentioned in policies of each booking.
- Early check in/ Late check out subject to room availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Any special requests like bedding, smoking/non-smoking rooms, connecting / adjacent rooms, etc. are subject to hotel availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- The confirmation of the booking lies at the sole discretion of Discover Qatar.
- Every effort will be made to confirm a booking exactly as per the client’s request; however in case of non-availability, Discover Qatar reserves the right to offer similar alternatives.
- Blackout dates (stay not allowed): Eid Al Fitr & Eid Al Adha: during Eid days, plus 5 days before and after Eid days. (Public Eid holidays announced by the Qatar government will be considered as Eid days.) Additional blackout dates may apply.
- Qatar Airways E-ticket number will be required to be entered at the payment page.
Summer Airfare Sale
Today, Tuesday, May 30, 2017 is the last day to take advantage of the Salute to Summer sale offered by Qatar Airways where airfares from select airports in the United States are as low as $675.00 round trip for travel between Thursday, June 1, 2017 through Sunday, April 15, 2018.
The airfares are okay, I suppose — but not exactly the lowest which I have ever seen.
Terms and conditions for the sale apply.
This is your opportunity to discover Doha on your journey to “club it with city tours, a desert safari adventure, museum visits, or dinner aboard a traditional dhow to truly experience and enjoy Arabian hospitality.”
I wish more airlines offered this opportunity; but in recent years, some airlines have been eliminating free stopovers on either revenue tickets, award tickets — or both. I used to enjoy visiting places such as Prague and Venice at no extra cost; but successfully booking itineraries with free stopovers has become increasingly difficult on some airlines.
Keep in mind that if you do take advantage of this offer and the United States is either your origination or destination, you will likely encounter the electronics ban which is currently in effect. Plan accordingly.
As much as I would like to take advantage of this offer, the electronics ban currently in effect is the main reason why I am passing up on this offer for now…
Source: Qatar Airways.
Please note that I receive compensation for affiliate links posted at The Gate effective as of Sunday, January 1, 2017. You are not required to use these affiliate links; but if you do use them, your support of The Gate is greatly appreciated.