Some Free Sunglasses to Go With Your Business Class Ticket?
H ere is a somewhat odd promotion from Qatar Airways: in addition to supposedly saving money on airfares on seats in both the economy class and premium class cabins when purchased by Wednesday, September 17, 2014 — valid for travel from September 21, 2014 through June 15, 2015 — you can also receive complimentary Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses for each reservation of a business class airfare originating in the United States booked at the official Internet web site of Qatar Airways.
The sunglasses are only available while supplies last, of course — but would a pair of sunglasses worth at most $250.00 entice you to purchase a business class airfare for as low as $3,494.83, which is round-trip between Miami and Mumbai?
By the way, I found that airfare to be quite limited; although I did find it if you are willing to depart on Sunday, September 28, 2014 and return on a day such as Tuesday, October 7, 2014. There may be other days where the sale fare may be available; but I found few in my cursory search.
Anyway, here are some of the terms and conditions pertaining to The World is Yours promotion, which is only valid for travel on flights operated by Qatar Airways:
- Valid for travel from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Washington (IAD), Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), and Philadelphia (PHL)
- Blackout travel dates where travel not allowed in both directions:
- October 2 – 5, 2015
- December 17 – 23, 2014
- January 2 – 12, 2015
- March 26 – April 2, 2015
- April 6 – 13, 2015
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class.
- Fares include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges. Service fees may apply for tickets purchased at Qatar Airways sales offices or through travel agents.
- Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- Minimum stay: three days for Business Class and five days for Economy Class.
- Maximum stay: three months for Business Class and one month for Economy Class.
- Weekend surcharge for outbound travel Thursday – Saturday and inbound travel Friday – Sunday: $35.00
- Changes fees before and after departure: $250.00 plus any difference in airfare
- Cancellation fees before departure: $400.00
- Cancellations after departure: Ticket is non-refundable
- No-Show: $200.00 in fees in addtiion to date change/cancellation penalty
- Upgrades to a higher class/cabin using miles or Qcredits is not permitted.
- Stopover is not permitted.
- Standard child/infant discounts apply.
- Please note that on selected dates and destinations, lower market–specific promotion fares may be available. All available options, together with the applicable terms & conditions for each fare will be displayed at the time of booking for you to make your selection.
- A different set of terms and conditions apply for itineraries originating outside the United States. Please check their respective country site for more information.
- Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.