Happy New Fear’s Day
Usually it is only FlyerTalk threads that are featured here at The Gate, but today an entire forum will be highlighted: the Travel Safety/Security forum as a result of an Alleged Terrorist Attempts to Blow Up Delta Air Lines Aircraft with a Makeshift Explosive, as reported here in The Gate.
Since the incident, a heated debate has ensued throughout the media, the World Wide Web of the Internet and within FlyerTalk in particular regarding how airline safety and airport security should be properly handled without violating the freedoms of individuals.
Some FlyerTalk threads within the Travel Safety/Security forum that address this issue include:
- New TSA security measures in the aftermath of the NW AMS/DTW flight
- Enhanced Security Theater: Your Experiences
- Passenger video taped NW flight 253 – Passengers Claim
- Article: 2nd man held in Flight 253 attack but kept secret
- Fired TSA Federal Air Marshal Service manager predicted NW253 security lapse
- Wasn’t it the Dutch that screwed up?