Hotel Room Rates at $7 or £7 From HotelTonight — But…
I f you are able to wake up at 7:00 in the morning tomorrow — Friday, November 28, 2014 — local time to take advantage of this deal by HotelTonight which has already been widely publicized, you may have the opportunity to score a hotel room for $7.00 for the night in the United States or £7.00 for the night in the United Kingdom.
Sounds great — right?!?
Not to me — and here are the reasons why:
- Because there are only a limited number of rooms available at that low rate, you will have to ensure that you are ready to search and reserve your hotel room as quickly as possible before supplies are exhausted, as the sale will reportedly be on a first-come, first-serve basis
- If you are indeed fortunate enough to score a room at that low rate, it is only good for tomorrow night, which is Friday, November 28, 2014 — meaning that unless you want or need a hotel room for tomorrow night, this offer is useless
- I have not found any information which indicates whether or not taxes and fees are included; and if they are not included, that can potentially dilute the value of the deal — perhaps significantly
- As astutely noted in this article at euflyer.com, the types of hotel properties to be included in this sale are unknown and would most likely not include hotel properties which are considered higher-end or luxury; but they still may be a good deal
- Not that it matters at such a low room rate, but I doubt that you will earn frequent guest loyalty program points for your stay
- While certainly not a deal-breaker by any stretch of the imagination, you will need to download the HotelTonight software application program to your portable electronic device and use it to search hotel properties for that special room rate as well as book it.
Keep in mind the words local time: if you are located in the United Kingdom and want a hotel room for £7.00, 7:00 in the morning is Greenwich Mean Time — five hours earlier than when the sale commences in the Eastern Time Zone in the United States.
Once the room rates of $7.00 and £7.00 are exhausted, there will be deals in the United States starting at — again, note the words starting at — $70.00 through Monday, December 1, 2014 and starting at £99.00 all weekend in the United Kingdom. Considering that HotelTonight specializes in offering hotel rooms at the last minute to up to seven days in advance, I am not sure whether or not those rates are all that great.
For the reasons I mentioned in the list above, I will not be participating in the promotion by HotelTonight; but that does not mean you should not participate if you need a hotel room for tomorrow night and are willing to wake up as early as possible to attempt to secure it. If you do participate, you have one fewer competitor in me in attempting to secure a hotel room rate as low as $7.00 or £7.00 pounds — but I do wish you the best of luck and hope you score!