Where Can You Find Gasoline for Less Than $1.60 Per Gallon in the United States?
A lthough the cost for a gallon of gasoline in the United States increased suddenly by approximately 20 cents since the last update on Thursday, September 10, 2015, that price hike did not last long, as an increasing number of states in the United States have fuel stations which are selling gasoline at less than $1.60 per gallon as of the time this article was posted…
…but which states are these; and where are those fuel stations located?
List of Fuel Stations Where Gasoline Costs Less Than $1.60 Per Gallon
Here is a list of nine states — according to GasBuddy.com — where fuel stations which are selling gasoline at less than $1.70 per gallon are located:
- South Carolina Two fuel stations in Gaffney sell gasoline for $1.58 per gallon; while one fuel station in Blacksburg sells gasoline for $1.58 per gallon — with both towns located along Interstate 85 approximately halfway between Spartanburg, South Carolina and Charlotte, North Carolina
- Louisiana Jazz up your re-fueling experience in New Orleans, where eight fuel stations sell gasoline for less than $1.60 per gallon — with the lowest price per gallon at $1.55
- Oklahoma Many fuel stations are selling gasoline at less than $1.60 per gallon in Oklahoma City and Midwest City; but the lowest price is $1.55 per gallon at one particular location in the southeastern area of Oklahoma City
- Michigan Five fuel stations sell gasoline for less than $1.60 per gallon: one each in Kalamazoo and Oshtemo for $1.59 per gallon; one in Dearborn for $1.57 per gallon; and two more in Dearborn for $1.55 per gallon
- Indiana Lafayette is the place to go, as you have your choice of which gasoline station sells fuel for less than $1.60 per gallon with the winner is a warehouse club with a price of $1.52; but if you are not a member of any warehouse club, there are at least two fuel stations where the price per gallon is as low as $1.55
- Ohio Holy Toledo — it is in this metropolitan area where one of the many fuel stations selling gasoline at less than $1.60 per gallon is where you can purchase a gallon of gasoline for as low as $1.53 in Oregon, which is a suburb located southeast of the city
- Kansas Hutchinson is located approximately 35 miles west of Interstate 135 halfway between Wichita and Salina; and although there are many fuel stations there where gasoline sells for less than $1.60 per gallon, your purchase will cost as low as $1.52 at one in Fort Leavenworth, which is a suburb northwest of Kansas City — and you can lock in on Leavenworth, where many more fuel stations sell gasoline at less than $1.60 per gallon
- Texas There are many fuel stations around the Lone Star state which sell gasoline at less than $1.60 per gallon; but there are two fuel stations in Dumas — approximately 45 miles north of Amarillo — where you can inexpensively fill up your ten-gallon hat for either $1.48 or $1.49 per gallon
- Kentucky Forget about gasoline selling for less than $1.60 per gallon — or even less than $1.50 per gallon — prices are barely hovering above $1.40 per gallon in Henderson, which is located south of Evansville, Indiana across the Ohio River and the lowest price is $1.41 per gallon at no fewer than five fuel stations
Click on the names of the states in the list above for the exact location of the fuel stations which sell gasoline at less than $1.60 per gallon; and if your state is not on the list above, it is quite likely with the continuation of decreasing gasoline prices that there are fuel stations located within it which sell gasoline for less than $2.00 per gallon — if you know where to look.
The most expensive fuel station in the 50 United States is located in South San Francisco in California, where the price is $5.03 per gallon.
Photograph ©2015 by Brian Cohen.