50 Percent Mileage Redemption Discount For Thai Royal Orchid Plus Members
The Royal Orchid Plus frequent flier loyalty program of Thai Airways is celebrating its anniversary of 20 years by offering you the opportunity to travel to your dream destination for 50 percent fewer Royal Orchid Plus frequent flier loyalty program miles.
Here is the official 20 years celebration award sale chart, along with the eligible destinations listed below:
You may book your travel anytime through July 31, 2013 for travel to be completed by October 31, 2013. Despite the supposedly good deal as a result of the discount of 50 percent, FlyerTalk members are reporting some steep fuel surcharges on some routes such as between Melbourne and London, where the fuel surcharge could cost as high as $1,000.00 Australian.
- The award seat sale is for round-trip point to point travel which must be completed by October 31, 2013
- Award seat sale travel is valid between Bangkok and destinations stated in the chart above throughout the promotional period subject to seat availability
- Destinations and periods where award seating is limited and may be subject to award black-outs on certain dates and flights
- Award seat sale travel is not available between Bangkok and the following destinations:
- Los Angeles
- There is no redemption limit for award seat sale travel — only that a sufficient amount of Royal Orchid Plus frequent flier loyalty program miles must be in the account for each award redemption
- Once award tickets are issued, no re-credit or rerouting is permitted
- This special award cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions or awards
Some FlyerTalk members seem to believe that this sale is only valid for Gold elite members, but Gold elite members simply had an extra day before the sale was launched to book their reservations and travel — all members of the Royal Orchid Plus frequent flier loyalty program of Thai Airways may enjoy a discount of 50 percent for the duration of the sale.
Other terms, conditions and restrictions may apply.