A Chance to Win One of Two Fantastic Prizes When You Support the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund This Month
How would you like a chance to ride in a vintage aircraft — complete with a tour and hotel night stays — or a session in the cockpit of a Boeing 787 “Dreamliner” simulator?
All you have to do is support the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund this month to have a chance to win the following grand prize:
- A ride in an actual vintage Junkers Ju52 aircraft on an afternoon touring flight over the opening parade of ships signaling the opening of the 825th Hamburg Port Festival on May 9, 2014, courtesy of Lufthansa
- Round-trip airfare between Frankfurt and Hamburg, courtesy of Lufthansa
- Hotel Accommodations for one night at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center on May 8, 2014, courtesy of FlyerTalk member LufthansaFlyer and LufthansaFlyer.com
- Hotel Accommodations for one night at the Park Hyatt Hamburg on May 9, 2014, courtesy of FlyerTalk member LufthansaFlyer and LufthansaFlyer.com; and
- A VIP Tour of Lufthansa Technik Hangars in Frankfurt, courtesy of Lufthansa, FlyerTalk member LufthansaFlyer and LufthansaFlyer.com
If you are indeed the winner of the grand prize, you are completely responsible for transportation to and from Frankfurt; as well as arranging for passports, visas or any other travel documents which may be necessary. FlyerTalk member LufthansaFlyer — whose first name is Dennis — will be available during the course of this itinerary to assist you as needed if you are the winner.
The first place prize which you have a chance of winning if you donate to the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund this month is a session in a Boeing 787 “Dreamliner” simulator in Houston.
Increase your chances of winning by donating generously. Purchase chances to win for the following donation amounts:
- $25.00 = Two chances to win
- $50.00 = Five chances to win
- $100.00 = 15 chances to win
- $200.00 = 40 chances to win
- $300.00 = 60 chances to win
- $400.00 = 80 chances to win
- $500.00 = 100 chances to win
Denny Flanagan — a veteran pilot and captain at United Airlines as well as a FlyerTalk member — will give updates pertaining to the amount of donations contributed to the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund. The latest update is that FlyerTalk member shcooper1 will generously match the fund when donations reach $5,000.00 — meaning that the donations will automatically jump to $10,000.00.
FlyerTalk member iluv2fly pledged to match the $2,000.00 donation level, which was reached earlier this morning — meaning that the donation level is at least $4,000.00 at this time.
Jason Dahl was at the controls as the captain of United Airlines flight 93 which crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. His wife, Sandy — who was also known as FlyerTalk member dendahl1 and sadly passed away in May of 2012 at the age of 52 — launched the scholarship fund in his name which gives financial assistance to young men and women interested in an aviation career.
The goal this year is to exceed the record $21,435.00 raised in 2013. This is your opportunity for this year to assist in this good cause — but you must do so by January 25, 2014 at midnight Eastern Standard Time. Please help by donating funds as soon as possible.