Attain Elite Status Twice as Fast on American Airlines and United Airlines…Again
Here we go again.
American Airlines and United Airlines are offering double elite qualification miles once more in 2009. You may recall that The Gate reported on when this was done the first time.
Now speculation runs rampant on other airlines who have not offered this promotion yet — and while some FlyerTalk members are ecstatic and even frenzied about this new round of bonus elite qualification mile promotions, there are FlyerTalk members who do not want for other airlines to offer a similar promotion — some of whom are quite adamant with their opposition. What are the reasons?
For more details, information, speculation and debate, please refer to the following threads:
- AA Offers Double Elite-Qualifying Miles again! DBLEQ, reg required (consolidated)
- United’s Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)
- It’s bAAck! AA DEQM Sept 2 – Dec 15 . Will CO match?
- Will US match the Double Qualifying Mile promotion？
- New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot
- So, when’s AS joining the DEQM party?
- AA announces fall double EQM promo. Others to follow?
Please stay tuned and fasten your seat belts…