Your Chance to Win a Trip to New Orleans with Southwest Vacations
Y ou can enter for your chance to win a trip to New Orleans with Southwest Vacations for four nights — and if you win, you can invite a companion to join you on this trip.
In order to participate, you must:
- Participate in this promotion by Monday, October 31, 2016 at 11:59 in the evening Central Daylight Time by completing this entry form
- Be legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia — do not enter this sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States; and this sweepstakes is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited or restricted by law
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have a valid e-mail address at the time of entry
- Not have won a vacation from any of The Mark Travel Corporation business units in the most recent 12 months
Enter this promotion through Monday, October 31, 2016 for a chance to win the grand prize of a Southwest Vacations package for two — whose approximate retail package value is $2,105.00 — which includes:
- Round trip air travel for up to two people via Southwest Airlines to New Orleans — travel must be completed by Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Double accommodations in one room for four consecutive nights for two people at Wyndham New Orleans – French Quarter — which do not include the following items except where noted:
- Telephone calls
- Any other personal expenses incurred during the vacation not specified here
- Breakfast buffet for two daily at Deuce McAllister’s Ole Saint Kitchen & Tap
- New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and Vampire Tour for two
- Two French Quarter stay-like-a-local gift pouches
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
Southwest Airlines e-Pass
Round trip travel on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four Southwest Airlines flight e-passes. Each Southwest Airlines flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on operated, published, scheduled service by Southwest Airlines between the closest major airport to the residence of the winner served by Southwest Airlines and New Orleans.
The recipient of a Southwest Airlines flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering this Southwest Airlines flight e-pass.
The Southwest Airlines flight e-pass:
- Will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date.
- Is not valid on interline or codeshare service
- Cannot be refunded
- Cannot be redeemed for cash or credit
- Will not be replaced for any reason, including — without limitation — if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used
- Cannot be transferred
- Cannot be sold to a third party or otherwise for money
- Cannot be auctioned
- Cannot be re-tendered for money or otherwise
Select Official Rules
No purchase or obligation is necessary to participate in this promotion, as a purchase does not increase you chances of winning.
A maximum of only one entry per person is allowed. No photocopied, mechanically, or electronically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any attempt by any person found to enter or in any way attempt to obtain more than the authorized number of entries will be found to be ineligible; and their entries will be disqualified.
On or about Tuesday, November 8, 2016, a random drawing from all eligible entries received will be conducted by the sponsor. There will be one potential grand prize winner who will be notified via e-mail message or telephone on or about 72 hours after the random drawing takes place.
No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prize permitted by winner. The sponsor and prize provider reserve the right to substitute prize — or portion of the prize — with a similar prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. The preferred dates of travel of the winner are based on availability at time of booking.
If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he or she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Winner is responsible for booking all travel. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary; and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. If the travel guest is a minor, the winner must be his or her parent or guardian, or be accompanied by his or her parent or guardian.
The winner will be notified via e-mail message or telephone; and will be required to complete and sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release — and where legal, a publicity release.
Other official rules, terms and conditions apply — be sure that you read all of them carefully and agree with them before participating in the promotion — which include but are not limited to those dealing with the topics of:
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- How to find out the name of the grand prize winner
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
This promotion is an interesting way to celebrate Halloween and New Orleans; but it seems to only take a few seconds of time and effort in which to participate — and you apparently are not required to be a member of the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards frequent flier loyalty program to enter.
Photograph ©2016 by Brian Cohen.