Earn 9,000 Club Carlson Points by Renting 3 Days or More From Budget Rent A Car — But…
Y ou can earn 9,000 total Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program points on qualifying rentals of three or more days at participating Budget Rent A Car locations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand through December 31, 2014 by simply providing your Club Carlson membership number at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to earn your bonus points.
This offer is in addition to your everyday savings of up to 20 percent when you use the code BCD # U106508.
This potentially can be a good deal, as 9,000 Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program points can be enough to redeem for a free night at select hotel properties. I myself redeemed 9,000 Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program points for a room at a hotel property in Europe this coming autumn with no problems or issues.
Although this offer has been around since June, I had been monitoring this discussion where FlyerTalk members were reporting not receiving their bonus points long after the conclusion of their vehicle rentals. Initially thinking that something was not right, FlyerTalk members started reporting last week that they indeed have been credited the 9,000 total Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program points after waiting greater than a month — but not without some effort, which included but was not limited to contacting customer service.
I personally would advise caution renting from Budget Rent A Car — especially in British Columbia, where some alleged scams had reportedly been exposed in recent years — but if you do decide to take advantage of this promotion, know that:
- Bonus miles offer is valid on all car groups
- An advance reservation is required
- Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your BCD discount
- The savings of up to 20 percent applies to the time-and-mileage charges only — use BCD # U106508 to receive this discount
- In the United States, taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee and customer facility charges may apply and are extra; and optional products such as LDW — at $29.99 per day or less — and refueling are extra
- In Canada, all taxes, fees, and optional items are additional
- Budget Fastbreak members must mention a valid Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program number at time of reservation or at time of rental to receive base and/or bonus miles
- All other rentals require the mention of Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program number at time of rental to receive base and/or bonus miles
- Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some Internet rates at Budget.com
- Holiday and other blackout periods may apply
- Rental must begin by December 31, 2014
Other terms and conditions apply.
If you are interested in participating in this promotion, do it with the expectation that the 9,000 total Club Carlson frequent guest loyalty program points will not be easy to earn — or, at least collect once you have earned them. If you do not believe that it is worth the potential trouble and you value your time, then I would advise staying away from this promotion.