Earn Up to 25,000 Bonus Avios Points or AAdvantage Miles — But Not Everyone Will Be Happy
Fly as a passenger round-trip on certain non-stop flights between Europe and North America operated by American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or OpenSkies through January 31, 2014 and you can earn up to 25,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program miles or Avios frequent flier loyalty program points — but there is important information about which you must know regarding this promotion:
- You must be a resident 18 years of age or older of the United States or Canada to qualify to earn bonus Avios frequent flier loyalty program points; while you must be a resident of the United States, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Canada or Mexico to earn bonus AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program miles
- If you purchase a seat in the economy class cabin but did not pay full fare, you do not earn any bonus frequent flier loyalty program miles or points, as only the following criteria qualifies:
- Paid first class or business class passengers earn 25,000 bonus frequent flier loyalty program miles or points
- Paid premium economy class passengers earn 15,000 bonus frequent flier loyalty program miles or points
- Only economy class passengers who pay the full airfare earn 10,000 bonus frequent flier loyalty program miles or points
- You must register for this promotion prior to travel
- The number of bonus frequent flier loyalty program miles or points you may earn is only limited by the number of times you are a passenger who paid an eligible airfare on qualifying flights through January 31, 2014
Other terms and restrictions apply.
For further details on the variations of this promotion — as well as reactions and experiences posted by FlyerTalk members — please follow the discussions in the American AAdvantage forum and British Airways Executive Club forum on FlyerTalk.