Earn Up to 750,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles: Earn Your Wings With Air Canada
E arn Aeroplan frequent flier loyalty program miles by earning and collecting Wings and Badges during the Earn Your Wings promotion by flying as a passenger on qualifying flights through Sunday, July 12, 2015 — and if you rank amongst the top 20 participants in terms of the total number of Wings you have earned during this promotion, you will receive an additional 500,000 miles, as 10,000,000 bonus Aeroplan frequent flier loyalty program miles will be distributed equally amongst the top 20 participants.
According to the terms and conditions of this promotion, every time you earn 2,000 Wings, you will receive 2,000 bonus miles — up to a maximum of 750,000 bonus Aeroplan frequent flier loyalty program miles, which does not include the aforementioned bonus miles if you place amongst the top 20 participants at the conclusion of this promotion.
Earn Wings simply by flying as a passenger on Air Canada flights anywhere in the world and earn a minimum of 200 Wings — 100 Wings for every take off and 100 Wings for every landing — per flight segment on any airplane operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada rouge.
You can earn Wings more quickly by collecting badges, of which there are five types:
- Destination badges. Worth between 200 Wings and 750 Wings, each of the 68 different Destination badges are earned when a certain location is either the origination or destination of your flight. For example, earn a YOW destination badge when your flight originates or terminates at Macdonald–Cartier International Airport in Ottawa — and that YOW destination badge will earn you 200 Wings.
- Globetrotter badges. Each of the 20 different Globetrotter badges earn 2,000 Wings; and you must complete unique combinations of the required number of departures or landings at the airports specified for each badge. For example, in order to earn the Dulce de Leche badge, you must “satisfy your sweet tooth every time you take off or land at any two of the following five airports located in South America: São Paulo (GRU), Bogotá (BOG), Lima (LIM), Santiago (SCL), Buenos Aires (EZE) — so if your flight departs from Lima and lands in Santiago, you have earned this badge and therefore 2,000 Wings.
- Participation badges. Excluding the Top 20 badge where you will earn 500,000 miles if you rank amongst the top 20 participants in terms of the total number of Wings you have earned during this promotion, there are five different Participation badges which will earn you anywhere between 250 Wings and 2,000 Wings when you achieve certain milestones during your participation — for example, when you accumulate 10,000 Wings for the first time, you will receive the Shooting Star badge upon which you will be awarded 2,000 Wings.
- Cabin badges. There are only two of these badges; but you can earn them repeatedly each time the eligible booking class of your flight — for every take off and every landing when you enjoy the benefits of flying while basking in the ultimate comfort of a Premium Economy, Premium rouge or Business Class seat — is J, C, D, Z, P, O, E or N:
- Earn 250 Wings with the Rest Up badge to any eligible airport in North America on the Destination badge list.
- Earn 500 Wings with the Stretch Out! badge to any eligible international airport in Europe, Asia, South Pacific, South America on the Destination badge list.
- New badges. You will earn these badges for completing certain challenges; but the first ones have not yet been revealed at the time this article was posted. New badges — which really should be known as Challenge badges — are only available for a limited period of time; and they may only be earned during a specific timeframe, so check back regularly for updates to Challenge badges where you can “collect” them and earn more Wings.
Terms and Conditions
You must register for this promotion; but you must also be a member of the Aeroplan frequent flier loyalty program who has already earned elite level status for 2015 to be eligible to register. You must also travel between now and Sunday, July 12, 2015 on select eligible published fare classes — Tango, Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium rouge, Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible — however, flights booked before Monday, April 20, 2015 or after Sunday, May 31, 2015 are not eligible for this promotion. Traveling on promotional flight passes such as the Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass are not eligible for this promotion.
The leaderboard — which will be refreshed weekly, with the final refresh date of the leaderboard to be on Friday, September 18, 2015 — will remain active until Thursday, September 17, 2015 to allow for missing flight credits to be requested and be included to determine final rank. Any retroactive credits must be submitted and processed before Friday, August 28, 2015 at 19:59 Eastern Daylight Time in order to be eligible to earn Wings and, in consequence, any bonus Aeroplan miles.
Other terms and conditions apply — and there are many of them; so please read them carefully.
Although it is still somewhat complex, the fourth iteration of this promotion seems simpler than this iteration back in 2013…