FlyerTalk Wins GlobeRunner Award for Best General Travel Site — Yet Again For the Third Consecutive Year
For the third consecutive year, I am proud to announce that FlyerTalk has once again been selected as the recipient of the GlobeRunner Award for Best General Travel Site based on votes by readers of Frequent Business Traveler magazine.
Greater than 150,000 votes were cast by readers of Frequent Business Traveler magazine between the period of March 14, 2014 and May 31, 2014.
Other winners include Hilton Hotels and Resorts — which swept the Best Hotel Chain category and won four GlobeRunner Awards for the third consecutive year; five if you count the award which the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program won — and the following list of other companies, frequent travel loyalty programs, airports and “bloggers“ which won GlobeRunner Awards in 2014:
- Best Airline in Asia/Pacific: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Europe/Middle East/Africa: LOT Polish Airlines
- Best Airline in the Americas: Delta Air Lines and United Airlines (tie)
- Best First Class Lounges: Lufthansa
- Best Business Class Lounges: Etihad Airways
- Best Airport in Asia/Pacific: Singapore Changi Airport
- Best Airport in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Dubai International Airport
- Best Airport in the Americas: John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Best Airline Alliance: Star Alliance
- Best Frequent Flyer Program: Lufthansa Miles & More
- Best Airline Food and Wine: Transaero Airlines
- Best Hotel Chain in Asia/Pacific: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in The Americas: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain/Group Loyalty Program: Hilton HHonors
- Best Hotel Chain Dining/Restaurant: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Credit/Charge Card Points Program: American Express Membership Rewards
- Best Mobile Phone Coverage in North America: AT&T
- Best Web Site for Booking Travel: Expedia
- Best General Travel Site: FlyerTalk
- Best Car Rental Chain in the World: Hertz
- Best Car Manufacturer in the World: BMW
- Best Luggage Maker: Samsonite
- Best Travel Tool or App: Google Maps
- Best General Travel Blog: One Mile at a Time
- Best Points and Miles Blog: Frequent Miler
“DL should be mortified to be in a tie with UA”, commented FlyerTalk member lamont2718 in this discussion pertaining to Delta Air Lines and United Airlines sharing the honors for the Best Airline in the Americas. “There were 27 airlines on the ballot for Best Airline in the Americas”, explained FlyerTalk member jspira — also known as Jonathan Spira, who is the editorial director of Frequent Business Traveler magazine. “While the number of large airlines in the U.S. has indeed diminished, the total number available on the ballot is still large. This was the first year Delta won (in the tie). United won two years ago, and American won last year.”
The Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards recognize the best travel companies in the world — including airline, hotel, car rental agencies, and Internet travel web sites — as chosen by its readers. In addition to 2014, FlyerTalk won the GlobeRunner Award for Best General Travel Site in 2012 and 2013.
Hey, wait a minute — I thought you were going to vote for The Gate as the Best Miles and Points Blog in the 2014 GlobeRunner Awards. Oh, well — perhaps next year…
…but in the meantime, congratulations to all of the winners of the Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards! Hey — I am a good sport.
What are your thoughts as to the award recipients? Do you agree with the choices?