Half Price Seats Aboard Virgin America Airplanes in Main Cabin Select and First Class
Y ou do not have to simply imagine enjoying extra legroom and complimentary entertainment, food and drinks while traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday season, as you can enjoy half price seats aboard Virgin America airplanes in Main Cabin Select and First Class cabins on flights operating between Thursday, November 17, 2016 and Friday, November 25, 2016 — but you must book your tickets by tomorrow, Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 11:59 in the evening Pacific Standard Time.
Appropriately enough, the promotion code is GOBBLE50 to take advantage of airfares which are 50 percent off of the base fare; and unlike the food at the Thanksgiving dinner table, you are only offered one helping of this promotion code, which does not apply to seats in the Main Cabin — or economy class cabin — aboard the airplane.
Checked Baggage Information
For each ticketed passenger assigned to seats in Main Cabin Select, Virgin America will accept one piece of checked baggage up to 50 pounds free of charge; and the fee per passenger for each additional checked bag up to 50 pounds from the second to the tenth is $25.00.
For each ticketed passenger assigned to seats in First Class, Virgin America will accept two pieces of checked baggage up to 50 pounds free of charge — up to ten pieces of checked baggage and up to 50 pounds each — traveling within the United States.
Additional fees apply to baggage exceeding these weight limitations, and other baggage restrictions may apply.
Validity of the Promotion Code
The promotion code:
- Applies to newly booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings
- Is only valid on itineraries of up to a maximum of two passengers
- May only be used for tickets booked at the official Internet web site of Virgin America
- Is not eligible for tickets for which Elevate points were used to redeem instead of paid
- Discount will become invalid if travel is changed or cancelled
Validity of This Offer
- Is valid for nonstop or connecting travel
- Is not valid for any multi-city itineraries
- Is not transferable
- Cannot be combined with any other offers
Fees Not Included
A segment is a takeoff and landing; and a stopover is a break in travel of greater than four hours between two flights. Keeping that in mind, base fares do not include:
- Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9.00 each way
- September 11 Security Fees of up to $5.60 per one way trip, where each one-way trip may include a connection or stopover between two domestic flights not exceeding four hours
- Federal Segment Tax of $4.00 per domestic segment
- Tickets purchased from Virgin America through its reservation call center, which will cost an additional $20.00 per passenger per itinerary
- Changes or cancellation fees per passenger through all channels — plus any increase in fare, if applicable — of:
- $100.00 for travel solely between:
- Points in the Continental Western Region — Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Palm Springs, Puerto Vallarta, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Cabos only
- Denver and San Francisco
- Dallas Love Field and Las Vegas
- $150.00 for all other itineraries
- $100.00 for travel solely between:
Availability of Internet and Satellite Television on Certain Flights
In-flight internet fees and availability subject to change without notice at the discretion of ViaSat, Incorporated and Gogo LLC.
- From San Francisco to Los Cabos, both satellite television and Internet services are available for approximately one hour of the flight — but then unavailable for two hours of the flight
- From San Francisco and Los Angeles to Cancun and Puerto Vallarta, both services are available for greater than three hours — but then unavailable for two hours of the flight
- To Hawaii, Internet services and satellite television are not currently available
Select Terms and Conditions
Tickets require an advance purchase of seven days. Seats are limited; are subject to availability; and may not be available on all flights. Passengers who do not show up for a flight without a change or cancellation prior to the scheduled departure time will forfeit the amount of this fare. In addition, any future flights booked in the same reservation will also be canceled and the fare will be forfeited. Any added cost associated with purchasing tickets from Virgin America through our reservation call center will not be refunded. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly or partially used ticket. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice.
Any remaining balance of changes or cancellation fees per passenger will be placed in a travel bank of the passenger, which will be good for travel on a flight operated by Virgin America for one year from the date of issue.
When I received this offer via e-mail message, I figured I would wing it and inform you of it in case you are able to take advantage of it, as it does not seem to be a turkey of a deal.
After all, no harm, no fowl — right?
Source: Virgin America.