Hilton Double Your Points Promotion Begins Today
You can earn your choice of either double Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points or double frequent flier loyalty program miles on your next trip when you stay at any participating hotel and resort property which is part of the Hilton portfolio from now through July 31, 2014 — but registration is required prior to checking out of the hotel property during your first eligible stay before July 31, 2014 in order to participate in this promotion; and you must choose carefully when you sign up for this promotion because your final selection of either double points or double miles cannot be changed.
Also, there is a long list of 603 hotel properties which are excluded voluntarily from this promotion:
- 577 of those hotel properties — greater than 95 percent excluded from this promotion — are located in the United States
- Eight of those hotel properties are located in Canada
- Three of those hotel properties are located in Australia
- Two of those hotel properties are located in Italy
- Two of those hotel properties are located in the Netherlands
- The remaining hotel properties are one hotel property in each of the following locations:
- United Kingdom
- Puerto Rico
You will receive the selected bonus only for nights completed during the promotion period — regardless of the date of checking in to the hotel property before the promotion period begins; or the date of checking out of the hotel property after the promotion period ends. This means that a portion of your eligible stay will still be credited if it falls within the promotion period; but the portion of the same stay which occurs before May 1, 2014 or after July 31, 2014 will be ineligible for bonus credit from this promotion.
If you decide to select double frequent flier loyalty program miles when participating in this promotion, you must select the Points & Miles option as your Double Dip earning style within your Hilton HHonors profile. Double Miles are available only with participating airlines, and a preferred airline must be selected in your Hilton HHonors profile. For most travel partners, you earn one frequent flier loyalty program mile per eligible United States dollar spent; although some travel partners offer different mile amounts per eligible United States dollar spent. You are limited to earning up to a maximum of 100 frequent flier loyalty program miles per stay at Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel properties. To change your MyWay earning style option:
- Log into your Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program account
- Under My Profile located on the right side, select Preferences
- On the Preferences screen, verify that your MyWay earning style is set to Points & Miles if that is the earning style which you want
- If Points & Miles is not selected, you will need to update it by selecting the words Change Earning Style
- Select the Points & Miles option
- If you would rather earn bonus Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points, select the Points & Points option instead
- There may be a delay before any updated earning style is displayed on the Preferences screen
- Add a Double Dip frequent flier loyalty program travel partner by completing the requested data
- You will earn the double frequent flier loyalty program miles on the partner which is selected as Preferred
- Select Save Preferences
Double Points means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of base Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points earned during a stay; and bonus points earned on base points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
If you use your points for a reward stay and you selected Double Points, you may earn double Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program points for incidental charges at participating hotel properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during your reward stay — provided that such charges are deemed eligible folio charges — except for stays at Hampton Inn, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites properties.
This offer is not transferable; is not valid for groups; and cannot be combined with other select offers. A maximum of two rooms can be credited per eligible stay. You can register for other promotions in addition to this one if the terms and conditions of the other promotions allow for it. Other terms and conditions apply.
FlyerTalk members have posted mixed reactions to this latest promotion; but FlyerTalk member Gomac probably said it best: “It’s a bit of a boring promo, doesn’t really excite me to push for more stays in next quarter.”
I tend to agree — but I am signing up for this promotion anyway, as I have nothing to lose by doing so…
…and you have nothing to lose either if you take the couple of minutes to register for this promotion.