Looking For a Job? AutoSlash is Hiring
B ack in 2010, FlyerTalk members baseline, jackal and ezmonee launched a new Internet web site called AutoSlash, which promised to search multiple vendors, track rental rates, and apply coupons and discounts to help customers secure the lowest rates on car rentals in a process which it has virtually automated; and it has saved countless people thousands of dollars in rental car rates over the past six years — such as this deal five years ago where you could have rented a car in New Orleans for as low as $15.50 for the entire weekend.
Looking For a Job? AutoSlash is Hiring
Now AutoSlash is hiring someone who is interested in being a rental solutions specialist, where you will assist people in getting the best possible deal on renting a car. You should be someone who is self-motivated, with excellent communications skills and high empathy. Tech-savviness is great, but more important is a strong desire to serve users and a willingness to learn all the ins and outs of our system. Scheduling is flexible.
Practically their entire business was launched out of the ideas, people, and culture on travel discussion forums like FlyerTalk, which is among the travel forums that are a great place to gain the experience required for this position. If you are already active on any of those Internet web sites, let the good people at AutoSlash know. Send a link to your forum profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will check it out.
Letting the good people at AutoSlash give the job description in their own words, a typical week involves:
- Helping people use AutoSlash and understand their rental car transactions (primarily via email support)
- Greasing the behind-the-scenes wheels that keep customers happily receiving better and better prices (primarilyby using our admin interface to process things and resolve discrepancies)
- Keeping tabs on our internal and external support documentation and updating or contributing where it makes sense (primarily in our FAQ articles)
- Stepping up to ensure that our users get timely help around the clock (our aim is to make sure everyone getsresponse times measured in minutes and hours, not days) and keeping them ridiculously happy
- Proactively sharing knowledge, insight, and ideas with team members
Being a Rental Solutions Specialist requires:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor
- Excellent writing and communication skills—you’ll be the face of our company!
- Working knowledge of the travel industry
- A passion for solving problems and creatively finding solutions
- Ability to empathize with users and convey confidence through written interactions
- Well-versed in chat and email etiquette, with a fine-tuned attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple support tickets at once
- Flexibility to meet changing business needs
- Excitement at starting on the ground floor of a small but quickly growing company with unlimited potential formore responsibilities
Bonus qualifications include:
- Experience in the rental car industry (or lots of experience renting cars!)
- Passion for traveling often yourself—we consider this “continuing education”!
- Experience working independently
- Website design, programming, or IT creds
- A past life in a writing-centric field, including email-based technical support or customer service
This position may not pay as much as being the head of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program — sorry, I know first-hand that that position has already been filled — but this position offered by AutoSlash may have potential for your future; so if you are interested and excited by it, apply at email@example.com by sending a cover letter that describes your passions and experiences and a copy of your resume.
I believe in assisting fellow frequent fliers whenever I can; and I am hoping that this article will help both AutoSlash and you, if you decide to apply.
Good luck to you.