Miles and Points On Sale — February 16 2020
Sometimes you need an infusion of miles or points to your membership account for whatever reason — perhaps to have enough to redeem for a limited time award as one example — and the best time to purchase miles or points is when they are on sale.
Miles and Points On Sale — February 16 2020
A sale may be a discount on the price required to purchase miles or points — or perhaps the frequent travel loyalty program from whom you are buying the miles or points will match your purchase up to 100 percent, which is another way of reducing the cost of miles or points.
The frequent travel loyalty programs which are featured in this edition of miles and points on sale are:
- Hilton Honors
- World of Hyatt
- IHG Rewards Club
- American Airlines AAdvantage — but only through the end of the day today
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan — but only through the end of the day today
- Virgin Atlantic Airways Flying Club — but only through the end of the day today
Hilton Honors: 100 Percent Bonus Points
You can receive a bonus of 100 percent on any purchase of a minimum of 10,000 Hilton Honors points — up to a maximum limit of 160,000 Hilton Honors points for $800.00, which is $0.005 per point when factoring in the bonus points — but you only have until until Wednesday, February 19, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.
World of Hyatt: 25 Percent Discount
Until Saturday, February 29, 2020, you can purchase up to a maximum of 55,000 miles and receive a discount of 25 percent — that is, spend $1,320.00 to receive a total of 55,000 World of Hyatt points — before taxes and fees.
You can purchase as few as 5,000 World of Hyatt points to qualify for the discount of 25 percent.
IHG Rewards Club: Up to 75 Percent Bonus
You have until Thursday, February 27, 2020 to take advantage of receiving a bonus of up to 75 percent on IHG Rewards Club points — up to a maximum limit of 262,500 IHG Rewards Club points for $1,500.00 — as follows:
- Buy 7,000 to 19,000 IHG Rewards Club points = 50 percent bonus IHG Rewards Club points
- Buy 20,000 to 150,000 IHG Rewards Club points = 75 percent bonus IHG Rewards Club points
American Airlines AAdvantage: Up to 55 Percent Bonus Miles and Ten Percent Discount
You can purchase up to a maximum of 150,000 miles and receive a bonus of up to 52,500 AAdvantage miles while enjoying a discount of ten percent through the end of the day today, Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 11:59 Central Standard Time as follows:
- Buy 15,000 to 69,000 AAdvantage miles = 30 percent bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 70,000 to 149,000 AAdvantage miles = 50 percent bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 150,000 AAdvantage miles = 55 percent bonus AAdvantage miles
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan: Up to 40 Percent Bonus
The regular price for purchasing Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles is $27.50 per 1,000 miles; but until the end of the day today, Sunday, February 16, 2020, you can purchase up to a maximum of 60,000 points and receive a bonus of up to 40 percent as follows, before taxes:
- Buy 5,000 to 19,000 Mileage Plan miles = 20 percent bonus
- Buy 20,000 to 29,000 Mileage Plan miles = 30 percent bonus
- Buy 30,000 to 60,000 Mileage Plan miles = 40 percent bonus
Virgin Atlantic Airways Flying Club: Up to 50 Percent Bonus
You can purchase up to a maximum of 150,000 miles and receive a bonus of up to 75,000 Flying Club miles through the end of the day today, Sunday, February 16, 2020 at midnight Greenwich Mean Time as follows:
- Buy 5,000 to 9,000 Flying Club miles = 15 percent bonus
- Buy 10,000 to 29,000 Flying Club miles = 20 percent bonus
- Buy 30,000 to 69,000 Flying Club miles = 30 percent bonus
- Buy 70,000 to 100,000 Flying Club miles = 40 percent bonus
- Buy 101,000 to 150,000 Flying Club miles = 50 percent bonus
Remember that each frequent travel loyalty program has partners through which you can redeem miles or points; so you are not confined just to the product offered by an airline or lodging company.
Also be sure to read the terms and conditions of each other. Typically, all sales are final: once you have purchased your miles or points through these sales, you cannot return your points; and your money cannot be refunded.
I am not an advocate of purchasing miles or points; but I have done so on rare occasions — and if you need to do so from the aforementioned frequent travel loyalty programs, now is the right time.
If this article is missing any offers of purchasing miles or points on sale, please let me know in the Comments section below. Thank you in advance…
…and until the next edition of this article is written, please keep checking back to this article, as more offers of purchasing miles or points on sale may be added.
All photographs ©2012, ©2013, ©2014, ©2017 and ©2018 by Brian Cohen.