Miles and Points On Sale — June 1 2020
Sometimes you need an infusion of miles or points to your membership account for whatever reason — perhaps to have enough to redeem for a limited time award as one example — and the best time to purchase miles or points is when they are on sale.
Miles and Points On Sale — June 1 2020
A sale may be a discount on the price required to purchase miles or points — or perhaps the frequent travel loyalty program from whom you are buying the miles or points will match your purchase up to 100 percent, which is another way of reducing the cost of miles or points.
The frequent travel loyalty programs which are featured in this edition of miles and points on sale are:
- Choice Privileges Rewards
- Hilton Honors
- IHG Rewards Club
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Radisson Rewards
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- jetBlue Airways TrueBlue
Choice Privileges Rewards: 30 Percent Discount
You only have until Friday, June 12, 2020 to take advantage of receiving a discount of 30 percent on your purchase of Choice Privileges Rewards points with a minimum purchase of 3,000 Choice Privileges Rewards points in one transaction.
Hilton Honors: 100 Percent Bonus Points
You can receive a bonus of 100 percent on any purchase of a minimum of 10,000 Hilton Honors points — up to a maximum limit of 160,000 Hilton Honors points for $800.00, which is $0.005 per point when factoring in the bonus points — but you only have until Wednesday, June 3, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.
IHG Rewards Club: 100 Percent Bonus Points
You have until Monday, June 15, 2020 to take advantage of receiving a bonus of 100 percent on IHG Rewards Club points with a minimum purchase of 3,000 IHG Rewards Club base points and up to a maximum limit of 250,000 IHG Rewards Club base points for $2,500.00.
Marriott Bonvoy: 60 Percent Bonus
You can buy a minimum of 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points — up to a maximum total of 50,000 points for $625.00 — and get a bonus of 60 percent more points through Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Including the maximum bonus of 30,000 points, that means your final cost is slightly greater than $7.81 per 1,000 points. Marriott Bonvoy points typically cost $12.50 per 1,000 points.
Radisson Rewards: 100 Percent Bonus
You only have until Tuesday, June 30, 2020 to take advantage of receiving a bonus of 100 percent on any purchase of a minimum of 1,000 Radisson Rewards points — up to a maximum limit of 120,000 Radisson Rewards points for $840.00, which does not include the bonus points.
American Airlines AAdvantage: Up to 120,000 Bonus Miles Plus a Discount
You can purchase up to a maximum of 200,000 miles and receive a bonus of up to 120,000 AAdvantage miles — that is a total of 320,000 AAdvantage miles for a cost of $5,758.06 or slightly less than 1.8 cents per mile — through Tuesday, June 30, 2020 as follows:
- Buy 2,000 to 14,000 AAdvantage miles = 15 percent discount with no bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 15,000 to 19,000 AAdvantage miles = 5,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 20,000 to 29,000 AAdvantage miles = 10,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 30,000 to 49,000 AAdvantage miles = 15,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 50,000 to 74,000 AAdvantage miles = 25,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 75,000 to 99,000 AAdvantage miles = 40,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 100,000 to 124,000 AAdvantage miles = 60,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 125,000 to 149,000 AAdvantage miles = 80,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 150,000 to 174,000 AAdvantage miles = 100,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 175,000 to 199,000 AAdvantage miles = 100,000 bonus AAdvantage miles plus a discount of five percent
- Buy 200,000 AAdvantage miles = 120,000 bonus AAdvantage miles plus a discount of five percent
JetBlue Airways TrueBlue: Up to 60 Percent Bonus Miles
Until Wednesday, June 10, 2020, you can purchase a minimum of 3,000 TrueBlue points and receive up to 60 percent bonus miles with JetBlue Airways as follows:
- Buy 3,000 to 9,500 TrueBlue points = 40 percent discount
- Buy 10,000 to 29,500 TrueBlue points = 50 percent discount
- Buy 30,000 TrueBlue points = 60 percent discount
Remember that each frequent travel loyalty program has partners through which you can redeem miles or points; so you are not confined just to the product offered by an airline or lodging company.
Also be sure to read the terms and conditions of each other. Typically, all sales are final: once you have purchased your miles or points through these sales, you cannot return your points; and your money cannot be refunded.
I am not an advocate of purchasing miles or points; but I have done so on rare occasions — and if you need to do so from the aforementioned frequent travel loyalty programs, now is the right time.
If this article is missing any offers of purchasing miles or points on sale, please let me know in the Comments section below. Thank you in advance…
…and until the next edition of this article is written, please keep checking back to this article, as more offers of purchasing miles or points on sale may be added.
All photographs ©2012, ©2015, ©2017, and ©2018 by Brian Cohen.