Miles and Points On Sale — March 20 2020
Sometimes you need an infusion of miles or points to your membership account for whatever reason — perhaps to have enough to redeem for a limited time award as one example — and the best time to purchase miles or points is when they are on sale.
Miles and Points On Sale — March 20 2020
A sale may be a discount on the price required to purchase miles or points — or perhaps the frequent travel loyalty program from whom you are buying the miles or points will match your purchase up to 100 percent, which is another way of reducing the cost of miles or points.
The frequent travel loyalty programs which are featured in this edition of miles and points on sale are:
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Choice Privileges Rewards
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- British Airways Avios
- Emirates Airline Skywards
- JetBlue Airways TrueBlue
Marriott Bonvoy: 50 Percent Discount
You can buy a minimum of 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points — up to a maximum total of 75,000 points for $625.00 — at a discount of 50 percent through Wednesday, March 25, 2020. Including the maximum bonus of 25,000 points, that means your final cost is slightly greater than $8.33 per 1,000 points. Marriott Bonvoy points typically cost $12.50 per 1,000 points.
Choice Privileges Rewards: 30 Percent Bonus
You only have until Monday, April 27, 2020 to take advantage of receiving a bonus of up to 40 percent on your purchase of Choice Privileges Rewards points — as follows:
- Buy 3,000 to 4,000 Choice Privileges Rewards points = 20 percent bonus Choice Privileges Rewards points
- Buy 5,000 to 9,000 Choice Privileges Rewards points = 30 percent bonus Choice Privileges Rewards points
- Buy a minimum of 10,000 Choice Privileges Rewards points = 40 percent bonus Choice Privileges Rewards points
American Airlines AAdvantage: Up to 55 Percent Bonus Miles and Ten Percent Discount
This offer has been extended: you can purchase up to a maximum of 150,000 miles and receive a bonus of up to 52,500 AAdvantage miles while enjoying a discount of ten percent — no date is given as to when this offer expires — as follows:
- Buy 6,000 to 14,000 AAdvantage miles = 10 percent bonus AAdvantage miles; but no discount applies
- Buy 15,000 to 69,000 AAdvantage miles = 30 percent bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 70,000 to 149,000 AAdvantage miles = 50 percent bonus AAdvantage miles
- Buy 150,000 AAdvantage miles = 55 percent bonus AAdvantage miles
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan: 40 Percent Bonus
The regular price for purchasing Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles is $27.50 per 1,000 miles; but until Wednesday, March 25, 2020, you can purchase or gift a minimum of 20,000 miles and receive a bonus of 40 percent more miles.
British Airways Avios: 50 Percent Bonus Miles
Until Sunday, March 22, 2020, you can purchase or gift a minimum of 1,000 Avios up to a maximum of 200,000 Avios and receive a bonus of 50 percent Avios — or receive up to 300,000 total Avios.
Emirates Airline Skywards: Up to a 30 Percent Discount
You can save up to 30 percent on the purchase or gifting of a minimum of 5,000 Emirates Skywards miles until Thursday, April 9, 2020 — as follows:
- Buy or gift 5,000 to 24,000 Skywards miles = 20 percent discount
- Buy or gift 25,000 to 49,000 Skywards miles = 25 percent discount
- Buy or gift a minimum of 50,000 Skywards miles = 30 percent discount
JetBlue Airways TrueBlue: Save Up to 40 Percent
Until today, Friday, March 20, 2020, you can purchase a minimum of 3,000 TrueBlue points and save up to 40 percent as follows:
- Buy 3,000 to 9,500 TrueBlue points = 20 percent discount
- Buy 10,000 to 29,500 TrueBlue points = 30 percent discount
- Buy 30,000 TrueBlue points = 40 percent discount
Remember that each frequent travel loyalty program has partners through which you can redeem miles or points; so you are not confined just to the product offered by an airline or lodging company.
Also be sure to read the terms and conditions of each other. Typically, all sales are final: once you have purchased your miles or points through these sales, you cannot return your points; and your money cannot be refunded.
I am not an advocate of purchasing miles or points; but I have done so on rare occasions — and if you need to do so from the aforementioned frequent travel loyalty programs, now is the right time.
If this article is missing any offers of purchasing miles or points on sale, please let me know in the Comments section below. Thank you in advance…
…and until the next edition of this article is written, please keep checking back to this article, as more offers of purchasing miles or points on sale may be added.
All photographs ©2012, ©2013, ©2015, ©2017 and ©2018 by Brian Cohen.