Only Eleven Hilton HHonors Hotel Properties Increase in Category
T his is a quick note to inform you that only eleven Hilton HHonors hotel properties increase in category effective as of Wednesday, January 11, 2017; and the increases should be reflected here sometime tomorrow, Wednesday, December 21, 2016.
Eight Hotel Properties to Increase by One Category
The eight hotel properties which are scheduled to increase by one category include:
- Hilton Urumqi Urumqi, China – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
- Hampton by Hilton Newport /East Newport, United Kingdom – New Category: 2 / Previous Category: 1
- Doubletree by Hilton Newark – Fremont Newark, California – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
- Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa / University South Florida / Near Busch Gardens Tampa, Florida – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
- Hampton Inn Cornelia Cornelia, Georgia – New Category: 3 / Previous Category: 2
- Hampton Inn & Suites Meridian Meridian, Idaho – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 3
- Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore / Washington International Airport Linthicum, Maryland: New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
- Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder Santa Fe, New Mexico – New Category: 5 / Previous Category: 4
Three Hotel Properties to Increase by Two Categories
The three hotel properties which are scheduled to increase by two categories include:
- Hilton Oakland Airport Oakland, California – New Category: 6 / Previous Category: 4
- Hampton Inn Bar Harbor Bar Harbor, Maine – New Category: 9 / Previous Category: 7
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dumas Dumas, Texas – New Category: 4 / Previous Category: 2
No member of a frequent guest loyalty program likes when a hotel or resort property he or she patronizes increases in category — and thereby requiring the redemption of more points for a stay — but at least the increase in at least one category will only affect eleven hotel and resort properties in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio.
There is no word of any hotel or resort properties which are scheduled to decrease by at least one category; but if I do receive word of that, I intend to let you know…
Photograph ©2016 by Brian Cohen.