Regent Taipei
Source: Regent Taipei.

Regent Hotels Join IHG Rewards Club on February 1, 2019

I received an e-mail message which announces that the six hotel and resort properties which comprise Regent Hotels & Resorts will participate in the IHG Rewards Club frequent guest loyalty program effective as of Friday, February 1, 2019, which means that you will be able to earn and redeem points at those properties — as well as earn credit towards elite level status; and you will be able to take advantage of the benefits of elite level status at those properties once earned.

Regent Hotels Join IHG Rewards Club on February 1, 2019

The exact verbiage of the e-mail message — the title of which is Regent Hotels & Resorts joins IHG Rewards Club — which I received is replicated as follows:

Open the doors to a new era of luxury.

Dear Brian,

It is our pleasure to introduce you to Regent® Hotels & Resorts – your newest opportunity to earn and redeem with IHG® Rewards Club beginning February 1. At Regent, you’ll be welcomed by enchanting views that stretch as far as your imagination. Intimate spaces designed for total relaxation. And sensational experiences you’ll remember for a lifetime.

Stay in the Regent Beijing, an imperial sanctuary set against the backdrop of the Forbidden City, or escape to an urban oasis in the illustrious Regent Singapore. With locations suited for every desire, Regent is your gateway to stays both exhilarating and serene.

Indulge yourself while you earn and redeem at this unparalleled collection of hotels and resorts. We look forward to bringing you into a new era of luxury.

Explore our Regent Hotels & Resorts:

Regent Taipei
Regent Berlin
Regent Porto Montenegro
Regent Beijing
Regent Chongqing
Regent Singapore

InterContinental Hotels Group agreed to acquire a majority stake of 51 percent in Regent Hotels and Resorts for $39 million in cash back in March of 2018 — which resulted in the acquisition becoming the thirteenth brand of the worldwide portfolio of InterContinental Hotels Group — and it will have the right to acquire the remaining 49 percent interest in the luxury lodging company in a phased manner from the year 2026.

Three additional hotel properties were already slated to open in Jakarta in 2018 and Harbin and Phu Quoc in 2019; and they will be part of the anticipated accelerated growth target of greater than 40 hotel and resort properties in key global gateway city and resort locations over the long term. Additionally — after it undergoes an extensive refurbishment which is expected to start in the year 2020 — the InterContinental Hong Kong will become a Regent Hotel in early 2021.


Regent Hotels and Resorts was founded in 1970 to elevate “the luxury hotel concept with an innovative mix of premium residential and retail components at select hotels”; and this may be an opportunity for the brand to become global with the backing of InterContinental Hotels Group — which hopefully will not dilute the brand as it experiences accelerated growth…

…and for members of the IHG Rewards Club frequent guest loyalty program, more options in the form of Regent Hotels & Resorts appears to be beneficial overall.

Source: Regent Taipei.


Please note that I receive compensation for affiliate links posted at The Gate effective as of Sunday, January 1, 2017. You are not required to use these affiliate links; but if you do use them, your support of The Gate is greatly appreciated — and using affiliate links will not cost you any extra time or money.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!