Stand Up to Cancer and Earn AAdvantage Miles
A merican Airlines has launched an incentive program as a way of saying “Thank you” when you donate to Stand Up To Cancer in celebration of their new partnership and collaboration. For every dollar which you donate, you will receive 10 AAdvantage miles.
About Stand Up To Cancer
Bypassing the politics and red tape that often hamper medical research, Stand Up To Cancer is a groundbreaking initiative created to accelerate innovative cancer research which will get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives now. It assembles teams of experts from various fields, working toward the common goal of eliminating all cancer.
Rather than competing against other researchers to secure funding, research Dream Teams combine their expertise for greater advances than they would achieve individually. This approach is more efficient than traditional research models, and Stand Up To Cancer believes it is on the verge of major breakthroughs.
In order to raising money to further fund groundbreaking research, Stand Up To Cancer will host a live telethon later tonight — Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:00 in the evening Eastern Daylight Time — on all of the major television networks. Celebrities expected to attend the live telethon include Katie Couric, Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Emma Stone, Joe Biden, Marcia Cross, Kristen Wiig, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis and Rob Riggle.
Here is how you can join American Airlines in support of Stand Up To Cancer:
- Tune in for the live event tonight, September 9
- Donate through the Miles to Stand Up program and earn 10 AAdvantage miles for every dollar you donate
- Tell American Airlines for whom you stand up — enter the name of someone you wish to support in the fight to end cancer below and share it instantly; or download a special placard, write in the person’s name and share a photo showing your support
Stand Up To Cancer Terms and Conditions
- This offer valid on contributions donated here
- A minimum donation of either $10.00 or $25.00 — mentioned at different areas — is required
- The mileage cap for a 12-month period is 600,000 AAdvantage miles; and the AAdvantage miles do not count toward elite level status qualification
- Please allow up to eight weeks for the reward miles to be posted to your AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program account
- Donations can only be accepted in United States dollars
- For charitable deduction purposes, each AAdvantage mile is valued at three cents per mile; and the receipt of AAdvantage miles may reduce the tax deductibility of your donation
American Airlines Miles of Hope
If you prefer donating AAdvantage miles instead of cash, you can donate AAdvantage miles to the American Airlines Miles of Hope program. Your generosity can touch thousands of lives and give hope to families — even in the face of disaster. The American Airlines Miles of Hope program works to benefit organizations that provide a strategic focus on children — as well as those who are afflicted by unexpected adversity.
Miles of Hope Donations Terms and Conditions
- A minimum donation of 1,000 AAdvantage miles is required; but if the available balance in your account is fewer than 1,000 miles, you may donate their entire balance — which is a great way of clearing your account of orphaned miles
- Your donation is not tax deductible
- Processing can take up to 48 hours
- American Airlines reserves the right to determine the final use of AAdvantage miles within the guidelines of the Miles For Kids In Need, Miles of Hope and Miles for All Who Serve programs
This is your chance to donate to a good cause — and earn some frequent flier loyalty program miles in the process.
Source: American Airlines.