Is The Luxury Privileges Program Launched by Starwood Worth It?
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Incorporated has partnered with 20 preferred agencies to launch a luxury privileges program which will provide to you the following amenities when you are a guest at every one of the 30 St. Regis, 82 Luxury Collection, and 44 W Hotel properties — as well as one Le Méridien and five Westin hotel properties:
- Upgrade on arrival, if available
- Early check-in, if available
- Late check-out, if available
- Daily breakfast for two guests
- Value-added welcome amenity
Some examples of the value-added welcome amenity — which vary by hotel property — include but are not limited to:
- One food and beverage credit worth US$100.00 per room, per stay
- One foot bath in the spa for two guests per room, per stay
- A bottle of champagne, wine or other alcoholic beverage
- Cheeses or sweets such as cakes or tortes
Some hotel properties offer greater than one welcome amenity.
Room rates are based on the best available flexible rate which is not a promotional rate; and bookings apparently count towards elite status with the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program.
This can be a good deal if you like to experience and enjoy a semblance of luxury when you stay at select hotel properties — but you cannot participate in any promotions, as they cannot be combined. For some FlyerTalk members, that stipulation is a deal-killer in what would otherwise be a promotion with the potential to offer some good benefits.