Which States Can You Find Gasoline For Fewer Than $2 Per Gallon?
A s of the time this article has been posted, several more states have joined Oklahoma — on which I reported in this article posted on Friday, December 5, 2014 — where fuel stations are selling gasoline at fewer than $2.00 per gallon…
…but which states are these; and where are those fuel stations located?
Here is a list of the growing number of states — according to GasBuddy.com — where fuel stations selling gasoline at fewer than $2.00 per gallon are located:
- Oklahoma You can find at least three fuel stations selling gasoline for as low as $1.89 per gallon in Oklahoma City
- Texas Although one fuel station sells gasoline for $1.97 per gallon in Harker Heights — located just outside Killeen and approximately 70 miles north of Austin — you can also find gasoline for $1.98 per gallon in San Antonio and $1.99 per gallon in Dallas as well
- Mississippi Good news if you are driving in Tunica: gasoline is sold for as low as $1.97 per gallon
- Louisiana Two fuel stations in Baton Rouge tie the three in Oklahoma City at $1.89 per gallon; but to purchase gasoline at those prices at the three fuel stations in Baton Rouge which sell gasoline at fewer than $2.00 per gallon, you may need to join a warehouse club first
- Alabama One fuel station in Fort McClellan — located just outside of Anniston and approximately 90 miles west of Atlanta and 75 miles east of Birmingham — sells gasoline for $1.95 per gallon
- Indiana There are no fewer than six fuel stations in Franklin — located approximately 20 miles south of Indianapolis — which offer gasoline at fewer than $2.00 per gallon, with the lowest price at $1.96 per gallon
Click on the names of the states in the list above for the exact location of the fuel stations which sell gasoline at fewer than $2.00 per gallon.
If you are in Hawaii, the price of gasoline per gallon still has not lowered below the $3.00 per gallon threshold, as the lowest price recorded is $3.39 per gallon at a fuel station in Mililani Town, located approximately 17 miles northwest of Honolulu in the center of the island of Oahu.