Minimum Flight Requirements Increasing for Air Canada Altitude Elite Status for 2015; Other Updates Announced
“These changes are being introduced following a thorough benchmarking exercise in order to competitively position Air Canada alongside the world’s leading carriers”, according to this announcement that a number of changes have been announced pertaining to Altitude by Air Canada for 2015. “Air Canada remains committed to offering one of the world’s best frequent flyer programs.”
In order to qualify for Altitude elite level status on Air Canada in 2016, the following minimum flight requirements will need to be met, as they will increase…
The pilots of Air Canada apparently have redefined the word cockpit as they allegedly demonstrate to have some skin in the game when it comes to inappropriate materials in the flight deck of an airplane.
An internal bulletin from Air Canada reportedly warned members of flight crews that they face criminal charges and possible termination of employment for placing pornographic material in the flight deck, as exposed by…
You might wonder to yourself what is the point of a poll by frequent business travelers based in Canada naming Air Canada as the preferred airline in Canada — as did I…
…but a quick look at this Wikipedia article shows that Canada actually has slightly greater than 100 airlines serving it.
Hey — it’s a big country.
In addition to such airlines as WestJet and Porter Airlines, there are also airlines of the likes of airCreebec, Air North, Kivalliq Air, Thunder Airlines…
Receive a 50 percent bonus of the Aeroplan frequent flier loyalty program miles in addition to what you would normally earn on all eligible fares and eligible scheduled non-stop flights — both round-trip and one-way — operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge for travel between October 1, 2014 through April 30, 2015.
Kalle Mattson had not seen his two guitars — nor his two pedalboards — in four days since personnel employed by Air Canada had supposedly lost them, according to an article written by Robin Levinson of the Ottawa Citizen.
Mattson checked two guitars and two pedalboards for a flight to Ottawa when he boarded an airplane operated by Air Canada in Toronto this past Sunday, July 27, 2014; but the equipment — estimated to be worth approximately $10,000.00 — was nowhere to be found when…
The announcement of changes to the Air Canada Aeroplan frequent flyer programme have been posted in the 2011 Air Canada Top Tier Program Changes – General Discussion thread, which include:
- Electronic upgrades instead of paper upgrade currency
- A choice of Maple Leaf Club admission for a friend in addition to bonus miles and electronic upgrade credits for Super Elite members
- A new Prestige Select Privilege of 35% discount on admission into a Maple Leaf Club
- A minimum flight requirement of 10,000 status miles or 5 status flight segments on eligible flights operated by Air Canada or on behalf of Air Canada by Jazz, Air Georgian Limited (doing business as Air Alliance), Exploits Valley Air Services LTD, Central Mountain Air and Sky Regional Airlines.
So why are some FlyerTalk members so upset with the changes that they are considering switching from the Air Canada Aeroplan frequent flier programme to one of a different airline?
Jazz Air says it plans to convert into corporation named Chorus Aviation when it converts to a dividend-paying corporation, a move being made in response to changes to the new tax rates for income trusts next year.
Is this a sharp move on the part of Jazz Air, or will it simply fall flat?
Telling FlyerTalk members and staff to poke fun at the tone of the names — with which the airline is playing like musical chairs — is like preaching to the choir.
But, on that note…
Yes, it is that time of year, but whomever guesses the correct answer as to which one of the following threads is NOT an April Fool’s joke and posts it in the Comments section first will have his or her name published here at The Gate, as well as bragging rights:
- Redeemed SFO-CDG BE Award on dates I wanted for 100K SM!
- FARE MISTAKE: APL-YUL $1550 BA F r/t a/i through EOS
- A new record: $930 in “surcharges” on a $500 r/t fare YUL-NRT!
- CO Announces new JV Flying with United
- Delta to move hub from Atlanta to Chattanooga
- Soundproof bassinets coming to the longhaul fleet!
- UA RCC changes
- Continental to Update Presidents Club Lounges
- Continental to open LAX hub
…and you can be certain that more threads such as this will appear on FlyerTalk before the day has ended.
Happy April Fool’s Day!