The Escape to Luxury Member Spring 2021 Rate is Actually a Good Deal — If…
You can enjoy a credit of up to $300.00 with the Escape to Luxury rate when you stay a minimum of two consecutive nights at 46 participating St. Regis, The Ritz-Carlton, and EDITION hotel and resort properties in North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean region Thursdays through Sundays through Sunday, April 11, 2021 — although some participating resort properties offer these special rates which are available all days of week, subject to availability…
The Escape to Luxury Member Spring 2021 Rate is Actually a Good Deal — If…
…but you must book your reservations by Sunday, April 11, 2021; and you must be a member of the Marriott Bonvoy frequent guest loyalty program to maximize this offer, of which no promotion code is needed in order to participate.
However, special package rates are rarely a good deal — especially when the rate is significantly more expensive than other rates — so this rate was put to the test.
Last month, I started to create a reservation for a stay of two consecutive nights at The St. Regis Atlanta hotel property at which I would have checked in on Thursday, February 25, 2021 and checked out on Saturday, February 27, 2021…
…and at that time, the Escape to Luxury member rate was $507.50 per night for a total of $1,015.00 for the stay in a superior guest room with a king bed — excluding all taxes and fees, which add up to $181.54 for both nights and brought the total overall to $1,196.53 — and the maximum hotel credit was $200.00.
Members of the Marriott Bonvoy frequent guest loyalty program would have paid a more expensive Escape to Luxury rate of $518.00 per night for a total of $1,036.00 for the stay in the same exact room — excluding all taxes and fees — and the maximum hotel credit was only $150.00 instead of $200.00.
I switched over to the standard rates instead of the deals and packages…
…and the member flexible rate for the same exact room was actually $1.12 more per night than the Escape to Luxury rate when taxes and fees were not included; so the Escape to Luxury member rate was actually the least expensive rate at The St. Regis Atlanta hotel property — even if you did not use the hotel credit, which would have been applied per stay and may not be used toward the room rate, tax, service charge, or resort fee.
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Escape to Luxury rates were similarly approximately one dollar more expensive than the standard rate for the same dates.
For The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, the Escape to Luxury rate was $656.50 per night for the same dates for a total of $1,313.00 for the stay in a limited view guest room with a king bed — excluding all taxes and fees, which added up to $347.45 for both nights and brought the total overall to $1,660.65 — and the maximum hotel credit was $150.00. The “service charge” alone was $196.98. The standard room rate for the same room started at $822.00 per night — and that did not include taxes and fees.
Participating Hotel and Resort Properties
The 46 St. Regis, The Ritz-Carlton, and EDITION hotel and resort properties which are participating in this promotion include:
UNITED STATES — ARIZONA
UNITED STATES — CALIFORNIA
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
The St. Regis San Francisco
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
The West Hollywood EDITION
UNITED STATES — COLORADO
UNITED STATES — DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
UNITED STATES — FLORIDA
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
The Miami Beach EDITION
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
UNITED STATES — GEORGIA
UNITED STATES — HAWAII
UNITED STATES — LOUISIANA
UNITED STATES — MISSOURI
UNITED STATES — NORTH CAROLINA
UNITED STATES — OHIO
UNITED STATES — PENNSYLVANIA
UNITED STATES — TEXAS
UNITED STATES — UTAH
UNITED STATES — VIRGINIA
Select Terms and Conditions
Availability is limited while supplies last and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Specifics of each offer can be found on the offer’s booking page. Rates are prepaid at the time of reservation. Reservations which were booked prior to Wednesday, March 31, 2021 — regardless of arrival date — may be either changed as subject to availability and/or any rate difference, or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours prior to arrival. Advance booking of reservations are required and must be guaranteed with a credit card.
Escape to Luxury Rates:
- Are per night.
- Are offered Thursday through Sunday and require a two-night minimum stay; and Sunday requires a Saturday night stay.
- Are based on single or double occupancy.
- Are commissionable and do not include taxes, fees, other costs or gratuities
- Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and/or discounts.
- Booked directly on Marriott booking channels are eligible for Marriott Bonvoy points
- Booked through most third-party online retailers — such as Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline and select travel agent rates — do not qualify for Marriott Bonvoy points.
Upon checkout, the credit will be applied to the room folio. Credit may not be used for future stays or redeemed for cash. Promotional rates or credits do not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms.
Other terms and conditions — including those of the Marriott Bonvoy frequent guest loyalty program — apply.
Other less expensive lodging options are usually available if you are seeking to save money — but if you are able to use the hotel credit and want to stay in a participating St. Regis, The Ritz-Carlton, or EDITION hotel or resort property, then the Escape to Luxury member rate is actually a good deal.
With other promotions, you can also:
- Save up to 25 percent on room rates at 4,904 hotel and resort properties in North America, Central America, and South America with Marriott Bonvoy and its Escapes promotion, which offers exclusive savings every Wednesday through Sunday across select destinations throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean region — and is valid for stays at hotel properties over the next four weekends and for stays at resort properties all the days of the week — but you must book your reservations as soon as possible, as availability is extremely limited and the promotion is only good while supplies last.
- Save 25 percent on the cost of a Day Pass room rate at 14 participating hotel properties in Atlanta with Marriott Bonvoy through Wednesday, March 31, 2021 — but you must book your reservations by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 and be a member of the Marriott Bonvoy frequent guest loyalty program in order to take advantage of this offer.
- Earn double bonus Marriott Bonvoy points towards earning reward nights faster plus earn double elite night credits to unlock the next tier of elite status twice as fast per eligible paid stay of a minimum of two consecutive nights at any participating hotel or resort property worldwide through Tuesday, April 27, 2021 — but you must first register for this promotion by Tuesday, April 13, 2021.
- Earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points per night when you stay at your choice of eight different participating hotel properties in Virginia and Illinois seven days per week through Tuesday, May 4, 2021 — but you must book your reservation using promotional code MR5 by Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
- Save up to 25 percent on a vacation with Marriott at 305 select resort properties in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean region through Sunday, June 6, 2021 — but you must book your reservations using promotion code D3Q by Sunday, June 6, 2021
- Earn up to 6,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points when dining at participating restaurants, bars, and clubs as a member of the fairly new Eat Around Town by Marriott Bonvoy dining membership program through Saturday, July 31, 2021.
All photographs ©2019 by Brian Cohen.