Travel Alert: Northeastern United States Expected to Be Impacted by Major Snowstorm
If you are planning to travel to or be in the northeastern United States and extreme eastern Canada within the next few days, you may want to consider changing your plans as a powerful winter storm is expected to wreak havoc on virtually every form of travel, with some locations expecting up to as much as two feet of snow under blizzard conditions.
Cities expected to be affected by this winter storm include but are not limited to Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Burlington, Pittsburgh, Hartford, Syracuse, Portland and Providence — and the snow is expected to start later tonight in some locations.
Discussions pertaining to this particular major snowstorm have already been launched on FlyerTalk in the following forums:
- Will DL issue a waiver for the northeast on Friday? Delta SkyMiles forum
- 8-9 Feb. Travel Waiver for N.E. and Impact on UA’s Operations United MileagePlus (Consolidated) forum
- AA Northeast travel alerts for this weekend (Feb. 8-10) American AAdvantage forum
- Southwest weather waiver in New England Thu-Sat 2/7-9 Southwest Rapid Rewards forum
- NY winter storm British Airways Executive Club forum
Expect additional discussions to appear over the next few days.
Check with your airline for alerts or travel waivers if the origination or destination location of your travel is expected to be affected by this storm. Be proactive about avoiding unnecessary delays for yourself. Most importantly of all: stay safe.