Triple Benefits When Dining at Restaurants and Bars at Select Starwood Preferred Guest Hotel Properties
Starting today, when you dine at a restaurant or bar at a participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts property through September 30, 2013, you can earn triple benefits — such as a discount on your meal at lunch or dinner known as tasteful savings; bonus Starpoints in addition to the ones you would already earn; and an additional benefit.
The problem is that you do not immediately know which benefits you earn until you look up the specific restaurant or bar at the participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts property which you plan to dine.
One of the three benefits is for certain with all restaurants or bars at a participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts properties: you will receive a discount off of your food bill. The other two benefits are up to what the restaurant or bar chose from the following list:
- 100 Starpoints per adult in the dining party — provided that a minimum of three up to a maximum of eight adults are dining with and in addition to a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program and all adults order a main course
- Additional discount voucher of ten percent good towards your next meal
- Children six years of age and under eat for free from the children’s menu, or children twelve years of age and under receive a discount of 50 percent off of an adult menu entrée
- One complimentary house beverage while dining
- One complimentary cheese platter per dining party when at least three or more adults are dining with you
- A discount of 15 percent for spa services at the same hotel property when a minimum of three or more adults are dining with you — but only a single voucher may be redeemed per transaction
- Complimentary tasting of three appetizers pre-selected by the restaurant
- Complimentary tasting of three desserts pre-selected by the restaurant
- Purchase three adult entrées and receive the fourth adult entrée for free
- Dine with a group of six or more adults and receive an additional discount of ten percent off of your total food bill
One consistency I have noticed is that the restaurants and bars at many of the participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts properties offer 100 bonus Starpoints as one of the three benefits — but some restaurants and bars do not even offer bonus Starpoints as a benefit at all.
You might think to yourself that you do not have the time to look up the specific criteria of 675 restaurants and bars worldwide — until you realize that 20.75 percent of participating restaurants and bars are located in China; while the United States has the second-highest number of participating restaurants and bars at 65. Once you do choose a specific location, the restaurants and bars appear with the details of the Starwood Preferred Guest triple benefits clearly shown for each restaurant and bar.
To assist you in finding a participating restaurant or bar, there are five filters you can use to refine your search:
The discount pertaining to your food bill is for food only for up to a maximum of eight guests, and is not applicable to breakfast or beverages.
Other terms and conditions for this promotion apply.
This is not exactly a promotion for which I personally would go out of my way — but if you are a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program and you happen to have plans to eat at a restaurant or bar at a participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts property, it would not hurt for you to participate in this promotion.