Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades on Delta Flights for Starwood Platinum Elite Members — But…
Platinum elite level members of the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program who have signed up for the Crossover Rewards partnership with Delta Air Lines now can enjoy unlimited complimentary upgrades on the day of departure for eligible flights, according to FlyerTalk member Starwood Lurker, who is also known as William Sanders, social media specialist and one of the official company representatives of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide on FlyerTalk.
However, there are several caveats about which you need to know which may dampen your excitement as a Platinum elite level members of the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program:
- You are eligible for complimentary upgrades on the day of departure for most published economy fares on Delta Air Lines and certain code-share flights designated by Delta Air Lines in North America within or between the United States — excluding Hawaii — and Bermuda, Canada, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Mexico
- You are in competition with those passengers who have higher priority for complimentary upgrades — including SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program members who currently have Medallion elite level status; companions of members who currently have Medallion elite level status; and those who have elite status in the frequent flier loyalty programs of Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and Alaska Airlines
- Unlimited complimentary upgrades are subject to availability; may not be available on all flights or in all markets; and are not valid for travel to or from Hawaii, transatlantic and transpacific destinations
- Upgrades are not eligible on airfares which do not allow mileage accrual
- Upgrades are not eligible on Award or Pay with Miles tickets
- Companions of yours are not eligible for complimentary companion upgrades
Other terms, restrictions and conditions apply.
Despite the caveats — and that there are certain routes within North America where you will have virtually no hope of securing a complimentary upgrade — this is still a positive new benefit which has been added to Crossover Rewards, the comprehensive joint partnership which was launched on March 1, 2013 between the frequent travel loyalty programs of Starwood Preferred Guest and Delta Air Lines SkyMiles.