Valentine Promotions from Turkish Airways: Companion Flies for One Euro, or Redeem 25% Fewer Miles on Select Routes
Turkish Airlines wishes you a very happy Valentine’s Day with a promotion where if you purchase a ticket at full price, it only costs one Euro for your companion to travel with you.
This promotion is valid for all round-trip and “open-jaw” flights departing from Istanbul from February 9, 2013 through February 15, 2013 — with the exception of the Jeddah, Medina and Yanbu routes. Although there is no minimum stay requirement, the maximum stay is eight days.
While you must be a member of the Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles frequent flier loyalty program, your companion is not required to be a member — and you and your companion must travel together.
Other terms and conditions include but are not limited to the following:
- Mileage accrual is not possible for the promotional one Euro ticket, although the other full-fare promotional ticket is eligible for mileage accrual.
- Tickets must be issued within 24 hours of booking your reservation.
- The ticketing procedure should be completed at least seven days before scheduled departure of the flight.
- Dates and routes of the tickets cannot be changed.
- Tickets are non-upgradeable and non-refundable.
- This promotion is not applicable on code-share flights.
Although taxes are not included, here are the round-trip airfares offered during this promotion:
|Istanbul||Europe||99 Euro||599 Euro|
|Istanbul||Turkish Republic, Middle East, Northern Africa||199 Euro||599 Euro|
|Istanbul||Africa, North America, South America, Far East||399 Euro||999 Euro|
Round-trip airfares for Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, São Paulo and Buenos Aires destinations in comfort cabin are 499 Euro, not including taxes.
Some FlyerTalk members report that availability is scarce on certain routes and wide open on others. Depending on the amount of taxes in total, this promotion has the potential to be a good deal if you happen to be traveling from Istanbul.
25 Percent Discount on Miles&Smiles frequent flier loyalty program miles
In an unrelated promotion, members of the Miles&Smiles frequent flier loyalty program can fly to select destinations worldwide with Turkish Airlines between February 1, 2013 and February 28, 2013 for 25 percent fewer miles. This offer is also applicable to all upgrades, one-way award tickets, round-trip award tickets, and companion tickets.
Promotional destinations include the following:
All domestic routes
Podgorica, Pristina, Belgrada, Tirana, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Skopje
Lviv, Donetsk, Batumi, Prague, Budapest
Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Turin, Napoli, Genoa, Alborg, Bilund, Novosibirks, Kazan, Nuremberg, Leipzig, Stockholm, Bremen, Cologne, Bologna
CENTRAL AND NORTH AFRICA
Tunus, Khartum, Dakar, Sharm el-Sheikh, Hurghada, Algiers, Benghazi, Misurata, Sebha, Tripoli, Niamey, Vogadugu, Douala, Yaounde, Libreville, Nairobi
Osh, Isfahan, Dakka, Karachi, Mashhad, Tashkent
Jakarta, Singapore, Tokio, Osaka
Washington, Chicago, New York, Toronto
The following is a list of terms and conditions for this promotion:
- Promotional award tickets shall be issued for travels between February 1, 2013 and February 28, 2013 and travel must be completed between these dates — including award tickets which are issued as of January 25, 2013.
- Travel is valid through February 28, 2013.
- The promotion is valid for all Turkish Airlines capacity controlled and seat guaranteed economy and busıness reservation classes, as well as for Comfort Class on applicable destinations.
- The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights and anadolujet flights. This promotion is not permitted on code-share flights and for award tickets issued on Star Alliance member airline flights.
- Promotion will be applied for all flights from and to turkey and from and to destinations abroad on the routes stated.
- The routes within different award regions cannot be combined.
- Return flight can be from different cities within the same award region.
- All rebooking and reroutings can be applied within the same route, class and season until February 28, 2013. No changes is permitted for travels after February 28, 2013. Mileage refund can be done within one year after the ticket issuance date. Any mileage refunds, rebookings and re-routings are subject to penalty.
- One open-jaw and one stopover ıs permıtted eıther on the outbound or on the return segment.
Other terms and conditions apply.