Valentine’s Day: 14% Off One-Day Airfare Sale; Other Items
It is that time of year where love is in the air — literally — again.
As Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, here are some discussions on FlyerTalk pertaining to that special day:
- Purchase a round-trip airline ticket at the official Internet web site of SriLankan Airlines on February 14, 2013 and receive a discount of 14 percent off your airfare for travel between March 1, 2013 and May 15, 2013. The discounted airfares will be available for only 24 hours. Stopovers and combinations with other sectors are not allowed, and reservations will be based on availability. Other terms and conditions apply.
- You still have a couple of days to take advantage of a Turkish Airlines Valentine’s Day promotion to bring a companion to travel with you for only one Euro; and you still have until February 28, 2013 to redeem 25 percent fewer Miles&Smiles frequent flier loyalty program miles for an award ticket.
- Qatar Airways is currently “offering amazing savings on airfares to selected destinations” throughout their network through February 14, 2013.
- If you are not hostile about hostels, you could enter to win a trip for two for Valentine’s Day: $460.00 towards a romantic (?) stay at any HostelBookers property around the world. This contest ends on February 14, 2013 and you must be a member of facebook. So go on, big spender — show your loved one how much you truly love him or her by taking her to a hostel. That you won. Forgive me, but is this for real?!?
- You might be better off purchasing flowers for your loved one for Valentine’s Day — and earn frequent flier loyalty program miles in the process. One particular deal is 30 United Airlines MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program miles for every dollar you spend on flowers — 31 miles per dollar spent if you use the Chase Presidential credit card — but you do realize that taxes and fees are excluded from earning those miles.
- FlyerTalk member HIDDY is wondering if you are taking your loved one away for Valentine’s Day — as in show your love with flights rather than flowers. That is a nice thought — as long as you do not wind up in a hostel somewhere…
- …but perhaps you want a really fancy hotel room to share with your loved one. You know — the one with the open floor plan which includes an unobstructed view of the bathroom from almost anywhere in the room. Who needs privacy? Well, apparently Angelina Aucello — author of the Just Another Points Traveler weblog at BoardingArea.com — needs her privacy whenever she shares a room with someone whom she is not romantically involved when…ahem…“sexytime” is not on the agenda. Talk about levity…
- …and speaking of levity, FlyerTalk member JDiver has some cruise humor for you as he wishes you a happy Valentine’s Day.
I think I will just stick to chocolate. Mmm…chocolate…
Happy Valentine’s Day!