WestJet Offers Status Match or Fast Track to Elite Status
Flight benefits enjoyed by WestJet Rewards frequent flier loyalty program members who earned Gold elite level status include the following:
- Two free checked bags
- No fee to change to an earlier or later flight on travel day
- Priority security screening — at select airports
- Advance boarding
- Four advance seat selection vouchers
- Ten airport lounge vouchers
To participate in the status match promotion, you must join the WestJet Rewards frequent flier loyalty program as a member; and you must individually submit a request to participate between today and January 31, 2015 by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your 9-digit WestJet identification number, which is provided to you upon joining the WestJet Rewards frequent flier loyalty program
- A scanned copy of your membership card in the frequent flier loyalty program of another Canadian airline showing your name and 2014 or 2015 top tier elite level status; or a copy of a boarding pass from travel taken on the same airline between January 1, 2014 and January 31, 2015, also indicating your 2014 or 2015 top tier elite level status within that program
- 2014 or 2015 top tier elite level status with another Canadian airline is defined as having achieved status through the equivalent of a minimum 25,000 qualifying miles or a minimum of 25 qualifying flight segments in that program during a calendar year
All elite status levels above the minimum qualifying miles or flight segments required to achieve elite level status with the airline are eligible for this promotion. All required information must be provided or the submission will be deemed to be incomplete. Screenshots showing account information or submissions of any other kind will not be accepted.
Once a request to participate has been received by you, the information will be verified by WestJet within 30 days and — if deemed to be complete, accurate and eligible — Gold elite level flight benefits will be awarded to you through issuance of an e-mail message to the address on record in your WestJet Rewards frequent flier loyalty program account.
To participate in the fast track promotion, you must be a member of the WestJet Rewards frequent flier loyalty program and must individually register for the Promotion between today and January 31, 2015 via one of the following methods by:
- Submitting your 9-digit WestJet identification number here
- Clicking on the registration link sent to you in an e-mail message, as available, or
- Clicking on the link found within the Promotions section in your WestJet Rewards frequent flier loyalty program account
Members who do not register for this fast track promotion by January 31, 2015 will not be eligible.
Flight benefits associated with the Gold tier will be awarded to registered members based on achieving a minimum of $1,500.00 in qualifying flight spend — defined as the amount spent on published base fares on flights marketed by WestJet and does not include WestJet Vacations packages, flights marketed by partners, car or hotel bookings made on westjet.com, taxes, fees or charges, redemption of WestJet dollars or any other reward program redemption — for flights operated by WestJet flown during the fast track promotion period. Both new and existing bookings for flights flown during the fast track promotion period will be eligible.
Your 9-digit WestJet identification number must be included on all reservations at the time of booking or check in to allow for qualifying flight spend to be tracked for this fast track promotion.
It would not surprise me if perhaps these two promotions are being implemented in response to the changes announced from Air Canada pertaining to Altitude elite level status, about which many frequent fliers are not happy.