Will Complimentary Carry-On Luggage Become Extinct by the Spirit of “Carrion” Luggage?
It is not Spirit Airlines’ bag to allow passengers to carry on their luggage for free, so on August 1, 2010, Spirit Airlines intends to charge as much as $45 for carry-on bags that are stored in the overhead compartment each way, or as much as $90 for one round-trip flight.
Luggage stored under the seat in front of the passenger will reportedly still be complimentary and not assessed a fee.
Other airlines circle around this policy as though they were carnivorous birds flying around carrion, waiting to see if passengers will bite or balk at the fees.
Speculation and discussion abounds and permeates throughout FlyerTalk:
- Spirit Airlines to start charging for any CARRY-ONS in overhead bin
- Spirit to charge for carry ons
- Spirit Charging for Carry-ons. Will AA Follow? (Speculation)
- Spirit Airlines to charge for carry-ons…Hope Delta doesn’t make that move
- Spirit Airlines to charge for carry-ons… think US will follow?
- Spirit to charge for carry on! How long before CO follows?