Your Chance to Win a Trip to the Bahamas — Or a Gift Card — With Mastercard and JetBlue
H ere is your chance to win a trip to the Bahamas — or a gift card — in the Mastercard and JetBlue Sweepstakes; but you must do so by Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 in the evening Central Standard Time.
How to Enter
You must be a permanent legal residents of the 50 United States — including the District of Columbia — who is 18 years of age or older prior to October 15, 2016 in order to enter this sweepstakes.
You will automatically receive an entry each time you use a JetBlue Mastercard, JetBlue Plus Mastercard, or JetBlue Business Mastercard on eligible signature-based purchases through Saturday, December 31, 2016.
If you do not have a JetBlue Mastercard, you can enter the sweepstakes as many times as you like during the promotion period without purchasing anything — as no purchase is necessary to enter or win the sweepstakes; and a purchase will not increase your odds of winning the sweepstakes.
You will earn one entry each time you:
- Hand-print on a plain 3″ x 5″ piece of paper:
- Your name
- Complete mailing address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- The words “Mastercard and JetBlue Sweepstakes”
- Mail in a sealed, stamped and hand printed #10 envelope to:
- Mastercard and JetBlue Sweepstakes
P.O. Box 15160
Bridgeport, CT 06673-5160
- Mastercard and JetBlue Sweepstakes
- Each entry must be mailed separately; and each envelope must be postmarked by Saturday, December 31, 2016 and must be received by Saturday, January 7, 2017
The following prizes are to be awarded in this sweepstakes, with a limit of one prize per person, immediate family member or household:
- One Grand Prize: One trip for two to the Bahamas whose approximate retail value is $20,500.00
- Five First Prizes: One $100.00 Mastercard prepaid card whose approximate retail value is $100.00
- Ten Second Prizes: One $50.00 Mastercard prepaid card whose approximate retail value is $50.00
- Twenty Third Prizes: One $25.00 Mastercard prepaid card whose approximate retail value is $25.00
The grand prize will be awarded to one winner, as the grand prize of a trip of four days and three nights for the winner and one guest to the Bahamas in August of 2017 includes:
- Round-trip coach air transportation from the major airport nearest the residence of the winner
- One standard double-occupancy hotel accommodation
- Ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel and select activities
- $7,000.00 awarded as a check to the winner that may be used by winner to help offset taxes
- Select activities — including, but not limited to:
- Swimming with dolphins
There is no limit to the number of valid entries an eligible consumer may receive during the Promo Period, regardless of entry method. No photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced or mass entries permitted.
T and international transactions are not eligible for automatic entry; and All entries — regardless of method of submission — have an equal chance of winning.
This sweepstakes is void in Guam, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
Federal, state and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Purchase transactions involving account adjustment transactions or returns, transactions based on personal identification numbers and international transactions, late payment fees, over-limit or over-draft fees, return check fees, check re-order fees, automated teller machine fees, cash advances or other transactions requiring a personal identification number for completion, monthly or annual fees, balance transfers or other fees assessed on your account are not eligible for automatic entry into the sweepstakes. Entries from international cards, unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen or fraudulent cards, or from transactions that require a personal identification number for completion — for example, cash advances — are void. Only purchase transactions occurring during the promotion period with an eligible card for an account which is in good standing — both at time of entry and selection — and issued by Barclays to an identifiable end user are eligible for automatic entry.
Prize and prize elements may not be separated or redeemed for cash. Travel and hotel accommodation restrictions apply. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining and possessing all required valid photo identification and travel documents prior to and during travel, including, but not limited to, valid passports and visas if required. If trip activities — including but not limited to snorkeling and swimming with dolphins — are canceled and remaining trip arrangements have already been made, the sponsor reserves the right to award the balance of the prize as full satisfaction of the prize award. Winner and guest agree to comply with all applicable venue or hotel rules and regulations in connection with the prize.
All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded — including but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes — and in connection with the trip, additional air and ground transportation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, airline luggage charges, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges and other miscellaneous travel expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Trip prize winner and companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance — and all other forms of insurance — at their option and hereby acknowledge that the sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Other official rules, terms and conditions apply — be sure that you read all of them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes — which include but are not limited to those dealing with the topics of:
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Criteria and restrictions pertaining to claiming and using prizes once they are won
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- Cancellation or postponement of prizes
- How to find out the names of the winners
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
Submitting an entry via postal mail may be tedious and time-consuming; but at least there is an option for you if you are not a holder of a JetBlue Mastercard.
I am rooting for you to win if you decide to participate in this sweepstakes.
Photograph ©2015 by Brian Cohen.