Where Can You Find Gasoline for Less Than $1.30 Per Gallon in the United States?
T he cost for a gallon of gasoline in the United States continues to decrease; and an increasing number of states have fuel stations which are selling gasoline at less than $1.30 per gallon as of the time this article was posted…
…but which states are these; and where are those fuel stations located?
Before we get to the list, there have been reports of the cost of a gallon of gasoline briefly became as cheap as 46 cents per gallon during a recent “price war” in the Houghton Lake region of Michigan. That occurrence was more likely a publicity gimmick than a trend, as those fuel stations were most likely giving away gasoline at the cost of the taxes levied on it; so do not expect to see those prices in your search for gasoline — yet, anyway.
Now on to the latest list…
List of Fuel Stations Where Gasoline Costs Less Than $1.30 Per Gallon
Here is a list of five states — according to GasBuddy.com — where fuel stations which are selling gasoline at less than $1.30 per gallon are located:
- Virginia Fincastle — located approximately 22 miles north of Roanoke, which I passed on my trip as a passenger on Megabus — has one fuel station where the price per gallon is as low as $1.39; while another fuel station sells gasoline for as low as $1.29 per gallon
- Texas Two fuel stations sell gasoline at $1.29 per gallon — including one in El Campo, which is located approximately 71 miles southwest of Houston; and the other in Spring, which is located approximately 24 miles north of Houston
- Indiana Six fuel stations sell gasoline for $1.29 per gallon — four in Mooresville; and the other two in Camby, both of which are located within 20 miles southwest of Indianapolis
- Ohio At least 13 fuel stations in Toledo, Columbus and Galloway sell gasoline at less than $1.30 per gallon — including six whose prices are at $1.23 per gallon; and one fuel station in Columbus which sells gasoline for as little as $1.21 per gallon
- Oklahoma There are plenty of fuel stations which sell gasoline for less than $1.30 per gallon in various parts of this state — including Tulsa — with at least two fuel stations where the price per gallon is as low as $1.26
Click on the names of the states in the list above for the exact location of the fuel stations which sell gasoline at less than $1.30 per gallon; and if your state is not on the list above, it is quite likely with the continuation of decreasing gasoline prices that there are fuel stations located within it which sell gasoline for less than $1.75 per gallon — if you know where to look.
The price per gallon of gasoline at fuel stations in several states have been vacillating above and below that $1.30 mark as recently as several hours ago; so keep a close eye on the states towards the top of this list. They may dip below that mark once again.
Once again, the most expensive fuel station in the 50 United States is located in South San Francisco in California, where the price is $5.03 per gallon — but the good news for Californians who are near Lodi and Fresno is that they can finally purchase gasoline for less than two dollars per gallon at three different fuel stations.
Photograph ©2015 by Brian Cohen.