Would You Like to Be the Head of Hilton HHonors? Here is Your Opportunity
I f you would like to have a say in the future direction of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program while simultaneously traveling up to 40 percent of the time, there is a position called Head of HHonors which is currently open at Hilton Worldwide and based at its corporate headquarters in McLean, Virginia — which is west of Washington, D.C. and shown in the photograph at the top of this article.
Here is the general description of the job of Head of HHonors:
The Head of Hilton HHonors will lead all aspects of Hilton Worldwide’s guest loyalty program, Hilton HHonors. The 44-million-member strong Hilton HHonors program is a key component of the company’s focus on forming direct, one-to-one relationships with travelers. HHonors enables personalized access to the best Hilton has to offer and provides accessible rewards that empowers guests with unprecedented choice and control.
The Head of Hilton HHonors will report to the Global Head of Loyalty and Partnerships, and will partner with Brands, Marketing, Channel, Sales and Revenue Management leaders to enroll new members, continuously evolve the member experience and deliver short-and-longer term commercial goals. Specifically, the Head of Hilton HHonors will be accountable for creating, reimaining (stet — note from Brian: not sure what this word is supposed to be…remaining? reimagining?!?) and optimizing; (stet — another note from Brian: I do not believe that this semi-colon belongs here) programs designed to enroll, onboard and engage new HHonors members; member and elite tier benefits, including economics; a rewards currency program, which includes partner currency and rewards and a data-driven approach to targeted and above-the-line promotional activities.
Here are the key priorities for this position:
- The incumbent will be a dynamic leader, with a proven track record evaluating and identifying opportunities from a strategic perspective, including the ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet the organization’s core strategic goals
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and collaboration skills will be needed
- Excellent communication ability
- Ability to analyze financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Strong quantitative and analytical background with attention to detail
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
Do you meet the following qualifications?
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of Director level experience
- A minimum of five (5) years leading large cross-functional teams with experience facilitating collaboration, focused creativity and purposeful innovation across functional subject-matter-experts
- A minimum of five (5) years leading a loyalty program within the Hospitality, Travel, or Retail industries
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience creating and maintaining multi-year strategic plans and roadmaps, as well as complex large-scale P&Ls and department budgets
- A minimum of five (5) years creating and delivering presentations to a wide range of internal and external constituents ranging from front-line Team Members to senior leaders
- A minimum of five (5) years setting and driving the research, analytical insights and CRM agendas for a global brand, product and/or loyalty program
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience budgeting and forecasting demand for global products, preferably those that are experiential in nature
- Proven experience leveraging financial and consumer data and insights to facilitate data-drive decision-making in complex environments
- Ability to travel up to 40 percent of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree or commensurate professional experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience at the executive level
- Experience as the leader of a customer loyalty program, strongly preferred
- Brand and/or product management experience a plus
- Hospitality and/or travel industry experience a plus
If you are interested in the chance to become the head of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program, click here for additional information and to formally apply for the position.
Photograph ©2015 by Brian Cohen.