$8 Trillion Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against China For Covering Up 2019 Novel Coronavirus
A class action federal lawsuit has been filed by a law firm in California against the People’s Republic of China for starting the current 2019 Novel Coronavirus worldwide pandemic — and the plaintiffs seek a minimum of eight trillion dollars in damages and compensation.
$8 Trillion Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against China For Covering Up 2019 Novel Coronavirus
The claim is that because China was allegedly involved in covering up the beginning of what was to become the current 2019 Novel Coronavirus pandemic — the origin of which reportedly was the Human Wholesale Market in Wuhan, which is located in the Hubei Province of China sometime on or around Sunday, November 17, 2019 — the virus was allowed to subsequently spread around the world.
“The lawsuit blames the People’s Republic of China for starting a worldwide pandemic that has resulted in the biggest economic disaster we’ve seen since The Great Depression”, according to this press release from The Tu Firm, which filed the class action on behalf of First Premier X, LLC; Cardiff Prestige Property, Incorporated; Vietnamese American Culture and Education Foundation; and Little Saigon Chamber of Commerce, LLC. “This lawsuit alleges that China failed to alert the world about the severity of the COVID-19 virus and that China manipulated and lied about the number of deaths and the number of people infected. The lawsuit also claims that China covered up and destroyed medical evidence that would have evidenced the severity of the new strain of the Coronavirus.”
As many people in Wuhan who contracted the virus were getting sick — with some of them dying — from the virus at the end of 2019, the defendants should have known that the 2019 Novel Coronavirus was a newly dangerous and deadly virus; and the lawsuit further alleges that had China acted sooner by reporting it as soon as possible to the World Health Organization and the international community at large, the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus could have possibly been contained.
China supposedly did not alert the World Health Organization about what was considered to be pneumonia — whose cause was still unknown — at that time until Tuesday, December 31, 2019, which was a minimum of 90 days after the first confirmed case had been reported.
The class action lawsuit — which is formally known as Cardiff Prestige Properties, Inc. et al. V. People’s Republic of China et al., Case No: 8:20-cv-00683 and is currently pending in the United States District Court, Central District of California, Southern Division — contends that instead of the People’s Republic of China disclosing information pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus in a timely manner, the country purportedly engaged in a campaign of intimidation and arrest of anyone who tried to let the international community know about it; and that campaign allegedly included:
- Censoring all mentions of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus on social media
- Issuing a gag order on any matters pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Ordering samples from affected people to be moved to designated facilities or destroyed
- Not allowing medical institutions to publish anything about the then unknown disease
- Under the guise of “disinfecting” the area, intentionally failing to:
- Have doctors inspect the area
- Swab individual animal cages or to draw blood from the workers in order to determine the “real” source of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Detaining and questioning eight Chinese doctors who had disclosed the 2019 Novel Coronavirus by the police, who reportedly condemned them for making false statements on the internet pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
If the allegations prove to be true, then the People’s Republic of China should be held accountable by the rest of the world for its failure to contain the outbreak from becoming a pandemic by owning up to its responsibility of properly informing health agencies globally in a timely manner of the severity of what was happening within its borders — especially as some of the facts in the outbreak were allegedly “underreported” — as that colossal failure led to panic, hundreds of thousands of illnesses, the closure of greater than one million businesses, a global recession, disruptions of important milestones in the lives of people, and ultimately death.
At the time this article was written, at least 157,970 people — or slightly greater than 6.81 percent — have died of the minimum of 2,319,066 confirmed cases worldwide, according to this situation dashboard from the World Health Organization pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
This article is the latest in a series pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus — which is also known as COVID-19 or 2019-nCoV or SARS-CoV-2 — pandemic in an effort to get the facts out with information derived from reliable sources…
…as well as attempt to maintain a reasoned and sensible ongoing discussion towards how to resolve this pandemic.
Other articles at The Gate which pertain to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus include:
- Airline Passengers Must Cover Mouth and Nose In Canada
- Extension Offered to Departing Visa Waiver Program Travelers by Customs and Border Protection of the United States Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Stop the Spread of Littering Contaminated Gloves and Masks, Please
- Has Shutting Down The Economy Put Children Worldwide at Greater Risk? 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- A List of Class Action Lawsuits Against Travel Companies April 2020: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- More Flights in the Skies Now — But Not by Airplanes
- Are We TRULY All In This Together? 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Protesting is a Non-Essential Activity: Unconstitutional During 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic?
- Murder Allegedly Committed by Inmate Released Early Because of 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Greater Than 117 Million Children at Risk of No Measles Vaccines Because of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Ebola Virus is a Public Health Emergency of International Concern
- No 7.7 Percent Raise For Marriott Chief Executive Officer in 2020
- I Feel Bad For…
- Where Can You Find Gasoline for 89 Cents Per Gallon or Less April 11 2020 in the United States?
- Visitors Required to Complete Declaration When Traveling to This State
- 5 Ways to Prevent Yourself From Being Scammed During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Latest Travel Advisory April 7 2020 From the Department of State of the United States
- Marriott Extends Status and Points For Everyone; Flexible Reservation Policy Updates: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Alaska Airlines Extends Status and Benefits For Everyone: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- How to Save Up to 55 Percent on Restaurant Quality Steaks — Or Possibly More — But Hurry
- 8 Reasons to Be Careful About Buying Gift Cards Right Now…
- Yes, Marriott Insiders Forum HAS Shut Down and Moved
- United Airlines Extends Status and Benefits For Everyone: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Headspace Meditation and Mindfulness Trial Offer With World of Hyatt
- Where Can You Find Gasoline for 99 Cents Per Gallon or Less April 5 2020 in the United States?
- Delta Air Lines Extends Status and Benefits For Everyone: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Delta Air Lines Extends Ability to Rebook Up to 2 Years on Travel Impacted by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Cyber Security Scam Alert Issued by the World Health Organization
- Hyatt Extends Status and Points For Everyone; Flexible Reservation Policy Updates: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- Return to the United States NOW or Stay Abroad Indefinitely, Department of State Warns Citizens
- Face Covering? No Face Mask? Why Seemingly Conflicting Information From Two Reliable Sources
- No New Passport Applications Accepted Except for Emergency Situations Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Airlines are Obligated to Provide Prompt Refunds to Customers: Enforcement Notice 2020 From the Department of Transportation of the United States
- Should We Shut Down the World Every Three Years? Setting a Precedent With 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus is Not an April Fool’s Day Joke, Unfortunately
- Why You Should NOT Skip Credit Card Payments During the Pandemic
- Are Some Room Rates Not Being Reduced Because of Discrimination?
- What is the Difference Between Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Sanitizing?
- One Way Rental Car Offers in the United States 2020 — 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Where Can You Find Gasoline for Less Than 90 Cents Per Gallon in the United States?
- Get 10 Percent Additional Value When Exchanging for Future Travel Voucher With Qatar Airways
- What is Wrong With This Photograph? Part 34: Coronavirus Edition
- Is Sheltering in Place Ordinance Unconstitutional? Man Sues Local Government
- One Illogically Irrational Aspect of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic is…
- Updated Policies of 23 Lodging Companies Worldwide: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- More States Where You Can Find Gasoline for 99 Cents Per Gallon
- Do You Miss Dining on Airline Food? This Can Help…
- Do Not Read This Article. Take a Walk Instead. If You Can.
- Hilton Extends Status and Points For Everyone; Flexible Reservation Policy Updates: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- 5 Reasons Why I Have Not Changed Anything Despite 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Revealing Parts of My Body to Help With Pandemic of 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- 2 Reliable Resources of Countries With Travel Entry Restrictions Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Most Restaurants Now Offer Free Delivery. What About the Gratuity?
- Most Trusted Traveler Programs Enrollment Temporarily Suspended Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Where Can You Find Gasoline for 99 Cents Per Gallon in the United States?
- Have We Become a Society of Wimps Addicted to Drama?
- Four Overused Terms of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Era
- Several Rental Car Companies Waive Young Adult Fees Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- National Park Service Suspends All Entrance Fees Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Passport Services Delayed Beyond 8 Weeks; Expedited Passport Services Suspended Indefinitely
- Global Level 4 Health Advisory Issued by Department of State of the United States
- What is Wrong With This Photograph? Part 30: Coronavirus Edition
- Countries With Travel Entry Restrictions Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus: An Updated Comprehensive List
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus: Should You Travel Within the United States?
- $250 Billion Bailout Requested by Lodging Companies
- Countries With Travel Entry Restrictions Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus: A Comprehensive List
- $50 Billion Bailout Requested by Airlines; Trump to “Back the Airlines 100%”
- Global Level 3 Health Advisory Issued by Department of State of the United States
- All Domestic Travel Banned For Personnel of Department of Defense of the United States
- March 15 2020: Checking Back In on 2019 Novel Coronavirus — My Opinions, If Anyone Cares
- Hotel Deploys Robots to Sanitize and Disinfect Rooms
- Ireland and the United Kingdom Added to Suspension for Most Foreign Nationals For 30 Days From Europe to the United States
- Change Fee and Cancellation Fee Policies and Waivers of 46 Airlines Due To 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Up to 12 Ounces of Hand Sanitizer is Permitted Through Airport Security Checkpoints
- I Swear, If I Receive One More Message About How My Health and Safety are Their Top Priority…
- Four Reliable Resources For Travel and the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Just Shut Down the Entire Planet. Problem Solved?
- Stop the Hyperbole: Travel is NOT Banned Between the United States and Europe…
- Travel From Europe to the United States Suspended for Most Foreign Nationals For 30 Days
- My Unproven Secret to Not Contracting a Virus in Years
- Pandemic of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Declared by World Health Organization
- Official Warning Issued Against Travel by Cruise Ship Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus by the Department of State of the United States
- Now the Entire Country of Italy is Under Quarantine
- 16 Million People Quarantined in Northern Italy
- Are Masks Effective Against 2019 Novel Coronavirus That People are Stealing Them?
- As Many as 46,000 People May Have Died in the United States Alone From…
- Lodging Companies Issue Travel Waivers and Elite Status Extensions 2020 Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Update: More Airlines Suspended Change and Cancellation Fees 2020 Due To Coronavirus
- Airlines Which Suspended Change and Cancellation Fees 2020 Due To Coronavirus
- Should You Be Concerned About Coronavirus?
- Travel Alert February 2020: Italy Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Travel Alert February 2020: Northern Italy Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Travel Alert February 2020: South Korea Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- A Deal to Antarctica Because of 2019 Novel Coronavirus — But Hurry
- Update: Do Not Travel to China Due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Says United States Department of State
- Travel Alert January 2020: Hong Kong Now Affected by 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Update January 2020: Additional Airlines Issue Travel Waivers for 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Travel Alert January 2020: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Affecting Air Travel
Photograph ©2014 by Brian Cohen.