Hilton HHonors and Live Nation Officially Become Partners
H ilton Worldwide is now the official hotel partner and sponsor of Live Nation as part of a broad commitment with a duration of at least five years — and members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program can now redeem Hilton HHonors points for artist connections, live concerts, and other new experiences and exclusive opportunities, according to an e-mail message sent to me yesterday by one of my contacts who represents Hilton Worldwide.
As part of this rollout, an auction platform was launched yesterday where you can use your Hilton HHonors points to bid on exclusive opportunities — including Live Nation concert tickets across the world — up for auction, which include but are not limited to:
- Tickets to the 57th Annual GRAMMY® Awards and experience the official GRAMMY Celebration® After-Party on Sunday, February 8, 2015 in Los Angeles
- A concert with Paramore at Conrad New York on Monday, February 23, 2015
- KISS concert, sound check, meet and greet in Tokyo on Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- Tickets to the 26thAnnual GLAAD Media Awards at the Beverly Hilton on Saturday, March 21, 2015 in Los Angeles
Hilton HHonors replaced Starwood Preferred Guest, which was a partner of Live Nation for the past six years.
I am personally not an auction person when it comes to my frequent travel loyalty program miles and points; but if you want to have an opportunity to be the winning bidder for the aforementioned experiences and more, visit the auction platform of Hilton HHonors for additional details.
Terms and conditions apply, including the following:
The HHonors Auction Site is a benefit of Hilton HHonors, exclusively for members in the Hilton HHonors Program. This benefit offers members the ability to redeem points for unique HHonors Auction experiences through the HHonors Auction site. Participation in the HHonors Auction site constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions: Hilton HHonors Terms and Conditions, and all terms and conditions applicable to the relevant auction event, merchandise or experience. Hilton HHonors may at any time amend, modify or supplement any terms and conditions applicable to the HHonors Auction site or any HHonors Auction experience, and your continued participation will constitute your acceptance of any such amendment, modification or supplementation.
You must be a Hilton HHonors member at time of bidding to participate in any auction. Your account must be in good standing, and you must have a valid Hilton HHonors Account, password and email address to participate. Hilton HHonors reserves the right to disqualify from the Auction site and the HHonors Program any participant who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the HHonors Auction site, or who fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions set out herein.
- You may bid on experiences made available through a HHonors Auction site only if you have a sufficient number of points in your Hilton HHonors Account at time of bidding and closing.
- You will be disqualified from winning and claiming your experience if your account does not have sufficient points at time of auction closing.
- All confirmed bids/redemptions made are final. No changes to confirmed bids will be made. No refunds on winning bids are permitted.
- In the event that points are not debited from the member’s account at the time of redemption, points can be debited from the account at any time thereafter.
Hilton HHonors will specify the experiences and other components that are included in each individual auction offering. Hilton HHonors reserves the right to correct any typographical errors, including the opening bid, and to make changes, corrections or improvements to each auction, and to the description of each item, at any time without notice. More information on the auction process is available here.
- The winner of each auction will be determined by Hilton HHonors or its designee in its sole discretion based on the highest bid received prior to the final closing time of said auction.
- Points will be deducted automatically from your account upon completion of the auction if you are the highest bidder at auction close.
- You will receive notification of your winning bid via email.
- In the event that two individuals bid an equal number of points as their maximum bid for the same auction listing, and no other individual has entered a higher bid, the bid submitted first will be considered the winning bid. The timing of bid submission will be determined solely by Hilton HHonors.
- The winning bidder must comply with all terms and conditions applicable to the relevant experience.
- The winning bidder may not resell items and/or experiences redeemed through the HHonors Auction site and may not re-market, resell or otherwise transfer or dispose of an experience without obtaining Hilton HHonors’ prior written consent. Any attempted or completed sale, barter, or transfer of an HHonors Auction experience or any of its components, including but not limited to flights, hotel accommodations, event tickets or event access, will be void and the reward will be forfeited without any refund of points to the member. In addition, Hilton HHonors can suspend or remove membership or cancel the Hilton HHonors Member’s account as set forth in the Hilton HHonors Terms & Conditions. Hilton HHonors reserves the right to declare the winner or cancel the auction if unusual circumstances occur, in its sole discretion.
HHonors Auction Experiences
- Members participating in the auction agree and acknowledge that separate terms and conditions may apply to individual experiences and every component of the auction.
- All experiences made available through an auction are offered “as is” without warranties of any kind, unless expressly stated in the auction description.
- Availability of all components of a reward experience is subject to change, and if any component becomes unavailable for any reason including after the end of the auction, Hilton HHonors reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a similar item or partially or fully refund points redeemed by the winning bidder.
- If the performance of any service or obligation of Hilton HHonors or any service provider making an experience available through the HHonors Auction site, including any live experience, is prevented, delayed, restricted or interfered with by events or causes beyond their control, Hilton HHonors or the applicable service provider will not be liable for the performance or obligation affected by the prevention, delay, restriction or interference. The member agrees that if any of these prevent their participation in a live experience, Hilton HHonors or the applicable service provider is not obligated to provide or recreate such live experience and Hilton HHonors reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a similar experience or partially or fully refund points redeemed by the winning bidder for the affected bid.
- All flight itineraries, when included in the auction package, will be settled by Hilton HHonors or its representative/designee. Itinerary dates are fixed and cannot be changed in any case. Flight times and dates are subject to availability. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
- Merchandise awarded through an auction will be shipped only to a valid street address; no P.O. Box delivery is permitted. Merchandise may not be returned or exchanged unless proven to be damaged or defective, and in either case must be returned within 30 days of delivery.
Partners/Third Party Providers
- As an auction winner accepting an experience offered by a third party partner or supplier, members enter an agreement with the relevant supplier of the reward, and not with Hilton HHonors. Members expressly acknowledge and agree that partners are independent contractors and not employees or agents of Hilton HHonors. Hilton HHonors is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties or negligence of the partners. Hilton HHonors shall not be responsible for or liable to a member in connection with any restrictions, qualifications or other terms and conditions imposed by the partner on any reward items.
- As far as permissible by applicable law, Hilton HHonors hereby disclaims any liability, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, including without limitation, liability for any direct, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages, in connection with the rewards provided by any partner through the HHonors Auction site, including without limitation liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity that may be incurred through the fault, negligent or otherwise, of such partner and member hereby expressly exonerates Hilton HHonors from any liability with respect to the same. To the extent permitted by law, Hilton HHonors excludes all liability to member or any other person of whatsoever nature with respect to any negligence, willful misconduct, poor service or other breach of obligation arising out of the provision or failure to provide the services by or on behalf of a partner.
By participating in an HHonors Auction, member agrees to receive transactional notifications about HHonors auctions via email, phone, or both. The member hereby consents to receive electronic communications that consist of and include reward confirmation, bid position and bid placement from Hilton HHonors. In addition, the member agrees to send information to suppliers or service providers if expressly required for reward fulfilment, or in the case of travel, should schedule changes occur.
For general questions related to the HHonors Auction site and the types of redemption, or for questions regarding special instructions or restrictions, please review the FAQs or contact a HHonors representative at HHonorsAuction@hilton.com.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the site are the property of Hilton HHonors, its affiliates, the third party technology supplier or the reward partner, as the case may be.
- You are prohibited from using any trademarks, logos and/or service marks for any purpose without the prior written consent of Hilton HHonors or its affiliates.
- All information and content including any software programs available on or through the site is protected by copyright. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any content available on or through the site for commercial or public purposes.
Hilton HHonors and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, computer or technical failure, or incorrect or inaccurate bidding information howsoever caused or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
NEITHER HILTON HHONORS NOR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE HHONORS AUCTION SITE, OR ANY ITEM, EXPERIENCE OR SERVICE RELATED THERETO, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE HHONORS AUCTION SITE, OR ANY AUCTION ITEM OR EXPERIENCE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, PARTICIPATE IN HHONORS AUCTIONS, OR CLAIM ANY AUCTION ITEM OR EXPERIENCE. HILTON HHONORS ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR LINKED FROM THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF MONEY, GOODWILL, REPUTATION, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT.
The member agrees to indemnify and hold Hilton HHonors and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the member’s breach of these terms and conditions or the member’s violation of any law or the rights of a third party. Hilton HHonors’ failure to act with respect to a breach by the member or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Any disputes arising out of or related to the HHonors Auction site or any auction shall be handled individually, and shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of U.S.