Ten Days Remain to #flyforpink
T hrough October 31, 2014, BoardingArea will donate 50 cents to causes related to cancer — up to a $10,000.00 total donation — for every photograph of a boarding pass posted to Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #flyforpink.
You may post more than one photograph if you have more than one boarding pass. If you used an electronic boarding pass, take a screen shot and use that.
To protect your privacy, block any sensitive information by considering the following before posting your boarding pass:
- Cover your name on the boarding pass with your thumb
- Use a pen to mark out your frequent flier loyalty program number or cover it with opaque tape
- Use a software application program such as Skitch to blur out anything you do not want in public view — especially the bar code on a mobile boarding pass
October is known as Breast Cancer Awarness month; and the beneficiaries of the #flyforpink campaign include the 2014 Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign of Estée Lauder Companies — which is global — and the 12 founding partners of the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- American Cancer Society
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Radiology
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology
- The American Medical Women’s Association
- AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation
- Men Against Breast Cancer
- National Medical Association
- The Oncology Nursing Society
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
Imagine that: you can be helping a good cause for something you already do — and at no cost to you; although you are encouraged to contribute your own donation. All it takes is a moment of your time to help reach the goal of posting 20,000 boarding passes by October 31, 2014.
Please fly for pink today. We would be tickled pink if breast cancer — and, in fact, all types of cancer — were eradicated as soon as possible…